Steering options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why do you have a safetywasher/misalignment under your steer arm?

Again it was mock up... I was just using it as a spacer and liner inside the lower seeing how the mis alignment is 7/8 OD to 3/4 ID... My arms are drilled to 7/8 from the pervious set up.

Not sure what the mentioned issue is w hellfire? I just bought a knuckle from Billy Weiss today w no issue.

Mighta got lucky, I only needed a single.

Last edited:
Ugh... I never should have said anything. No issues, no problems. I heard some rumors of more good stuff in the works.

Buy HELLFIRE !!!! They kick a$$.

I went the Slee route cause it was the only solution available when I bout the kit about 6yrs ago...

-A

Ugh... I never should have said anything. No issues, no problems. I heard some rumors of more good stuff in the works.

Buy HELLFIRE !!!! They kick a$$.

I went the Slee route cause it was the only solution available when I bout the kit about 6yrs ago...

-A
Hey guys, I have a really good secret, but i can't tell you.

Who does that!? Playing with everybody's emotions :)

Completed Slee Dual Sheer w/ RS 7/8" Hiem kit.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416092620.081842.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416092631.015449.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416092641.866483.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416092653.533973.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416092663.618261.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416092674.935585.jpg

What is the benifit to hellfire knuckles over the Slee setup? Slee setup installed above looks sweet and def much stronger than oem.

What is the benifit to hellfire knuckles over the Slee setup? Slee setup installed above looks sweet and def much stronger than oem.
Ammo has it totally dialed in double sheer very nicely in these pics. But post a pic of the top of a slee arm and a hellfire arm side by side and it's instantly obvious...

Two studs and an abs hole. Vs 6 studs on a wide pattern. Absolute game changer(hellfire). The hell fire stuff easily rivals a Dana 60 front knuckle in comparison as well.

The stock 80 abs knuckle weighs about 7 lbs. a hellfire is 13. All that weight is material in all the right places, supporting the high steer arm mostly.

Not saying everyone needs hellfire parts, just saying hellfire is way the hell out there on stronger and nothing compares even slightly.

Ammo's done this very nicely, regardless...

Last edited:
Thanks Boog... I couldn't agree more with the description above.

I opted this route cause I had the parts in a box for the last 6yrs collecting dust. When I purchased my kit, it was the only option available at the time.

Hellfire's are the next level no doubt.

But I have to say I'm pretty psyched on the dual sheer.

Next hydro, and 3 link... Someday ;)

-A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom