Steering column lubrication (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone tell me if the steeering column has lubrication points?
I have a 2009 GX in hot weather the column squeaks when initially putting the key in the ignition and the column going into the preset position.

Can anyone tell me if the steeering column has lubrication points?
I have a 2009 GX in hot weather the column squeaks when initially putting the key in the ignition and the column going into the preset position.

I have not had a look inside the column of a GX but my GS would stick in the winter time. The fix was to remove the shroud around the steering wheel. After that you could look up from underneath and see the mechanism that allows everything to move. I think I used a pick to clean all of the old lithium grease out of there as it was caked and hardened. Then you just squirt new grease in it, run it a few times, then call it good. It will take some time for grease to migrate deeper into the mechanism.

Or, as you may already know, with Techstream you or your dealer can disable the automatic movement of the steering column when entering/exiting the vehicle. The retracting steering wheel was more of an annoyance than a benefit to me, so I turned it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom