Stationary Bike Stand (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know enough about stands in general, so not too sure what to ask? Just looking for good quality, durability.

I don't know enough about stands in general, so not too sure what to ask? Just looking for good quality, durability.
You're looking for something so that you can ride your regular bike inside, yes?

This is a great option: Wind Indoor Trainer

And this is great, too, and a little quieter than the wind unit: Fluid Indoor Bike Trainer

I had one of those fluid units for years, and put hundreds of hours on it, before selling it. Cycleops makes great stuff.

The main considerations in these trainers is how much noise they make, and how it feels to pedal the bike on them. The more $$ you spend, the quieter they are, and the more realistic the "road feel" is when you're riding.

Hope that helps!

Another vote for cycleops.. However I would up the ante and say make sure you spend GOOD MONEY on one. While some of the cheaper models are nice, they tend to be VERY loud and adjustment is problematic. The one that @swelltimes linked is good but the problem is that rolling resistance is increased by adding tension to the rollers via the black knob that is right below it. My experience is these types are hard to get a decent setting on and tend to stick or strip. Going with a magnetic one will lessen the noise but again they can be temperamental. Don't have any experience with the others.

Also, if you have an REI near you, check their Garage Sale dates and you can possibly pick one up for cheap. Friend ended up getting a year old top of the line fluid trainer for more than half off because the person returned it. You can find lots of good stuff cheap that is a season or two old at their garage sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom