Standard Group Comm channels... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
Threads
So after last months meeting discussing and working on comms at Ryan's (@reklund5 ) house I thought at one point we had a thread that listed all standard channels that our group has used throughout the travels in NV. However, I can't seem to find it (probably not searching properly) but was wondering if we should do a standard channel list thread to stickie along with the other HAM thread that is stickied.

Traditionally we have used
146.460 for ham I have this programmed into my radios as "BBCNN"
and CH3 for CB
This use to be at the bottom of every trail run announcement, must have been dropped somewhere along the line.

Maybe standardizing the run announcement format would be useful?

Date:______

Trail: ______________________________

"Information about the trail; difficulty , attractions, etc."

Meet location: ___________

Leave time: ________

Trail Difficulty: ______________________________

Additional Equipment needed: "Lunch, camping gear etc. as required for the run."

Duration of Run: ________

Communication: ham - 146.460 CB-CH3

Tread Lightly

Yeah 146.460 has shown up here and there. I actually programmed it into my Baofeng tonight playing with the CHIRP software a bit since I had gotten the cable to connect to my computer. So I have that programmed in there like you said, BBCNN 146.460 as my first channel with all the ones that Ryan had loaded from his cloned file.

I wasn't sure if there were other channels the group used outside of that when they were on runs or on camping trips.

Traditionally we have used
146.460 for ham I have this programmed into my radios as "BBCNN"
and CH3 for CB
This use to be at the bottom of every trail run announcement, must have been dropped somewhere along the line. Maybe standardizing the run announcement format would be useful?

We are pretty standardized now @rusty_tlc (the policy and procedure guy in me can't live without structure! ;) I will add some of these elements into the format though, especially the coms info.

I have used 146.052 as a back if I am in a busy location where there's lots of chatter 460. Any objections to using that as a formal backup?

Yeah 146.460 has shown up here and there. I actually programmed it into my Baofeng tonight playing with the CHIRP software a bit since I had gotten the cable to connect to my computer. So I have that programmed in there like you said, BBCNN 146.460 as my first channel with all the ones that Ryan had loaded from his cloned file.

I wasn't sure if there were other channels the group used outside of that when they were on runs or on camping trips.
I think Dan posted a list of local repeaters over in the ham jam thread or the sticky thread. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have those programmed or listed on a piece of paper in your rig.

We are pretty standardized now @rusty_tlc (the policy and procedure guy in me can't live without structure! ;) I will add some of these elements into the format though, especially the coms info.

I have used 146.052 as a back if I am in a busy location where there's lots of chatter 460. Any objections to using that as a formal backup?
There have been a couple of occasions when others were using 460 so an alt might be a good idea.

General Calling Freq 146.520 is a good fall-back, then move to another freq from there.
That is a good frequency to have programed into your radio along with 446.000MHz if you have a dual band radio with 70 cm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom