STA Supper Traxion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I'm looking to get tires for the '84 4-runner and am thinking about the STA Supper Traxion http://www.stausaonline.com/light-truck/super-traxion.html My question today is "Why do some tires require tubes, and are they really necessary?" No split rims, just the factory steals.

spr-traxion-A.jpg

Hi all,

I think your wife will hate you for putting old school bias-ply tires on her 4Runner.
Those tire tread patterns straight out of the 1950s! :rolleyes:

If you want to put aggressive tires on her 4Runner, then find some radial mud-terrains.

BTW, I run bias-ply Super Swamper TSLs on my FJ40 which is driven to the trails and home. I would never waste my 4X4 $$ on tires like these "Super Traxion." There are many better tire options available today.

Just my $00.02

-Alan

Well the current tires are cracked and ready to blow. Currently we're looking at the Supper Traxtion/Deestone d503 installed for $500 or used tires for $100. I've spent countless hours looking for decent looking radial tires and I can tell you they aren't there. Honestly, I'm a sucker for "1950's tread pattern." We live in WV, so Snow driving (w/ studs) is vital and off-road is a daily occurrence. The truck never goes over 55mph, and it will always be smoother then the HJ45.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom