Speedometer cable hook-up ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of completing the installation of a 1976 four speed into a 1970. Kept the three speed t-case. All has went considerably well, mostly with the help of this web site. Since my old speedometer cable was too short due to the additional tranny length, I thought I would use the one from the 76. However I found the end to be different at the speedometer end. Any easy fix to this problem or do I need a speedometer from a later model? Unfortunately the speedometer was already taken from the 76. Thanks for any suggestions.

AJFJ40 said:
I am in the process of completing the installation of a 1976 four speed into a 1970. Kept the three speed t-case. All has went considerably well, mostly with the help of this web site. Since my old speedometer cable was too short due to the additional tranny length, I thought I would use the one from the 76. However I found the end to be different at the speedometer end. Any easy fix to this problem or do I need a speedometer from a later model? Unfortunately the speedometer was already taken from the 76. Thanks for any suggestions.

You need a speedo head froma '73> with the clip-on type cable.

Ed

AJFJ40 said:
I need a speedometer from a later model

You nailed it.

Good luck!

-Steve

Well I now know what to look for. Thanks for everyones help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom