Spare starter for a 2F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My dad is looking for a starter for a 2F. He's found some options for remans but would like to just take his apart and refurb it himself. We suspect it's just the solenoid contacts but you never know the full condition of the starter (brushes, bearings, etc) until you take it apart. But he only has one vehicle, ('83 FJ60) so if he takes it out to rebuild it, he has no way to drive around while the starter is removed. Does anyone have a spare starter appropriate for a 2F they'd be willing to part with so he can do an inspection/rebuild on that one (or install it into his FJ60 while he rebuilds the one he has now)?

Does he still need one Marc, I have a few in my pile.
Yeah, my dad is 70 years old so everything about him and what he does is slow. If you've got a spare, he'd love to have it for a fair price. If you need the spare back, that could probably be arranged as well.

I have 2 spare ones on the shelf, several more in parts vehicles, not sure if there both good. He can take them both free and use the best one. What he doesn't need we can arrange for the spares to go back into my toy parts pile in the future, no rush.😁 I'm kinda like him cause most things take me a while too. Slowly but surely right!
We will be in Bernalillo everyday this week taking my son Caleb to coach Al's driving school, so we can arrange to meet you, we usually have 2 hours to burn from 6 to 8 pm.

I have 2 spare ones on the shelf, several more in parts vehicles, not sure if there both good. He can take them both free and use the best one. What he doesn't need we can arrange for the spares to go back into my toy parts pile in the future, no rush.😁 I'm kinda like him cause most things take me a while too. Slowly but surely right!
We will be in Bernalillo everyday this week taking my son Caleb to coach Al's driving school, so we can arrange to meet you, we usually have 2 hours to burn from 6 to 8 pm.
Thanks. Let me talk to him to let him know you've got potentially two to offer. He lives in ABQ far South Valley (near Isleta and Raymac) and is crotchety and doesn't like driving on the freeway, during rush hour or in the dark. I'm in Sandia Park (near Frost and Mountain Valley). We could probably coordinate a pickup/dropoff with me and then I can coordinate something with him since I'm in town typically M-Th at the Base and he has frequent visit to the VA Medical Center. I'll send you my cell # but I'm only reachable evenings and weekends on that.

My dad is interested. He wanted me to propose something. If you would give him the two starters, he will return one of them to you completely refurbished and ready to put into whatever machine needs a new starter. He has found a source for parts that would be needed to do any refurbishment work that is required. He would also perform bench tests to ensure function. He is a very meticulous person and a retired Toyota Master Tech with 55 years of experience working on cars (mostly Japanese and old German cars) and just general skills for fixing stuff. If you can get me a phone number I can coordinate the pick-up.

Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom