Spacers for RW on 2010 LX570? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys, I've read though a bunch of threads and gotten lots of different info. Could some one that is running RW's on their LX chime in if they needed to put spacers on with the wheels?
Thanks!

I have a 2013 LX with RW (275/70 BFG AT) with Spidertrax spacers from Slee.

You can run them without the spacers but I think it looks better with them spaced out and it increases the track width. Tires and wheels does not look too tucked inside the wheel wells. I do not know if there are any performance issues or benefits with them on.

I have a 2013 LX with RW (275/70 BFG AT) with Spidertrax spacers from Slee.

You can run them without the spacers but I think it looks better with them spaced out and it increases the track width. Tires and wheels does not look too tucked inside the wheel wells. I do not know if there are any performance issues or benefits with them on.
Thank you for the feedback, I will probably go with the spacers to be on the safe side

Needing spacers depends on what size tires you want to run. The LX does not have any less clearance than the LC. Actually more, if you consider the KDSS contact issues on the LC.

The recommended 285/70-17 fitment fits fine without spacers.

If you do use spacers, I'd recommend a 1" over 1.25". As the RWs already have somewhat less backspacing vs factory (50mm vs 60mm) A 1.25" spacer would put the RWs at 24mm offset which is getting into the overly aggressive territory.

I have rock warriors on my LX with no spacers and 285/70/17. Fits just fine but if you want them fully flush then yes spacers would help.

FullSizeR_zpslmsl3q8e.jpg

Awesome pic, thanks for that.
What bumper is that? Who installed?

Needing spacers depends on what size tires you want to run. The LX does not have any less clearance than the LC. Actually more, if you consider the KDSS contact issues on the LC.

The recommended 285/70-17 fitment fits fine without spacers.

If you do use spacers, I'd recommend a 1" over 1.25". As the RWs already have somewhat less backspacing vs factory (50mm vs 60mm) A 1.25" spacer would put the RWs at 24mm offset which is getting into the overly aggressive territory.
Thank you. Is that size about 33"v

285/70/17 (32.7") rubs just at full lock. @DeckerT4R is running 285/75/17 (33.8"), which is a size I am considering for my next set, and he can chime in, but he needed to cut into the front fender wells for them to fit. 295/70/17 will about split the difference, but with more rolling resistance so my preference is 285 width.

I did remove the front aero flaps and mudflaps, and while not for clearance, trimmed the side and bottom of the rear mudflaps to be flush with the bumper.

Last edited:
285/70/17 (32.7") rubs just at full lock. @DeckerT4R is running 285/75/17 (33.8"), which is a size I am considering for my next set, and he can chime in, but he needed to cut into the front fender wells for them to fit. 295/70/17 will about split the difference, but with more rolling resistance so my preference is 285 width.

I did remove the front aero flaps and mudflaps, and while not for clearance, trimmed the side and bottom of the rear mudflaps to be flush with the bumper.

I would recommend my 285/75/17 size all day. The only time it rubs is at lock in reverse and it's minimal then. I did cut the front mud flaps and some minor trimming on the front side of the fender liner. It is still in place however. I also do
Not run spacers.

Last edited:
According to Tire Size Comparison

285/70/17 is 4.8% larger diameter than stock
285/75/17 is 8.3% larger.

The odometer records a similar percentage lower miles.

Not to be a PITA, but your math looks incorrect.

If the stock size is P285/60R18 31.5" diameter, then:

LT285/70R17 is 32.7" diameter - 3.8% larger diameter than stock
LT285/75R17 is 33.8" diameter - 7.3% larger diameter than stock

HTH

Not to be a PITA, but your math looks incorrect.

If the stock size is P285/60R18 31.5" diameter, then:

LT285/70R17 is 32.7" diameter - 3.8% larger diameter than stock
LT285/75R17 is 33.8" diameter - 7.3% larger diameter than stock

HTH

Yeah, that is correct for the LC. The 2010 LX which he referenced comes with a P285/50/20 tire at 31.2", so the LT285/70/17 at 32.7" is 4.8% larger diameter.

I would recommend my 285/75/17 size all day. The only time it rubs is at lock in reverse and it's minimal then. I did cut the front mud flaps and some minor trimming on the front side of the fender liner. It is still in place however. I also do
Not run spacers.
They don't make KO2's in 285/75/17. What kind of tire are you running?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom