Some recent pics of Newport's Upper Back Bay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought a Sony 16.2 megapixel Cybershot. It's light, easy to use and takes pretty decent pics. Yesterday I was hiking around Backbay and it was eerily beautiful. The early morning light and light fog made for some interesting shots.

DSC00684.jpg

DSC00685.jpg

DSC00687.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

DSC00695.jpg

DSC00700.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00713.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00721.jpg

DSC00722.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shots Scott.

Nice pics.. I've never been back there.. Now I'm going to have to go check it out...

Thanks for sharing!

Nice shots Scott.

Thanks Brent.

Nice pics.. I've never been back there.. Now I'm going to have to go check it out...

Thanks for sharing!

Thank. Be sure to check out the nature center if you have time, they have some great displays some of which are interactive, which the kids love. Also try to time your visit during a low tide if possible, it's a lot more interesting and allows you to walk the trails that are almost sea level.

Great photos Scott.

I love taking Bubba back there. BTW is that your dog? I've had the worst year that I can recall with ticks. Even the rangers have commented on how many they've been seeing. Be sure to check those dogs carefully (even if they're on Advantix/Frontline etc.).

We also now have photographic proof that you've broken the leash law. I will be forwarding this to the County Animal Control for further investigation ;)

Great photos Scott.

I love taking Bubba back there. BTW is that your dog? I've had the worst year that I can recall with ticks. Even the rangers have commented on how many they've been seeing. Be sure to check those dogs carefully (even if they're on Advantix/Frontline etc.).

We also now have photographic proof that you've broken the leash law. I will be forwarding this to the County Animal Control for further investigation ;)

I'll definitely check him for ticks, I didn't know they were a threat. I'm out there every weekday morning at 6:00am and Gibson loves to run free but I leash him up as soon as I see anyone. This morning was a beauty with the tide dropping down all morning. Hope to see you out there. Take care.

I'll watch for you but the odd are against it - 6am is a little early for me:eek:

I usually shoot for around 9am when the OC housewives hit the trails:D:clap:

You never know, I could make it there one day before work:meh:

You are right about hitting low tide, most of the trails below the bluff turn into soupy swampland at high tide. I've had to turn around more than a couple of times rather than trudge through the muck!

Those are some incredible shots Scott! I am not a morning person at all but that looks so serene and beautiful I would almost get up early to take it in in person. Almost. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom