Soft Brake Pedal Push Rod Adjustment Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone, I am trying to following #105 on this Master Cylinder Rebuild - DIY. After (e) loosen the push rod lock nut (right turn couple round), my brake is back to normal without soft brake and not down to the floor when pressed; however, how do I (f) Adjust the pedal height by turning the pedal push rod since it is already at the correct height? and (g) Tighten the push rod lock nut (Torque: 19ft-lbf)? The Push Rod nut and pedal push rod are around 1/2 inch apart. Any help would be appreciated

Hello Everyone, I am trying to following #105 on this Master Cylinder Rebuild - DIY. After (e) loosen the push rod lock nut (right turn couple round), my brake is back to normal without soft brake and not down to the floor when pressed; however, how do I (f) Adjust the pedal height by turning the pedal push rod since it is already at the correct height? and (g) Tighten the push rod lock nut (Torque: 19ft-lbf)? The Push Rod nut and pedal push rod are around 1/2 inch apart. Any help would be appreciated

I got it figure out after spending couple hours. Basically, right turn (clock-wise) on the push rod lock nut to loosing it first. then left turn (counter-clockwise) on the push rod with small needle nose pliers to push the rod toward the brake pedal. See picture where I grabbed the push rod and turned it toward the brake pedal.

brakerod.jpg

I got it figure out after spending couple hours. Basically, right turn (clock-wise) on the push rod lock nut to loosing it first. then left turn (counter-clockwise) on the push rod with small needle nose pliers to push the rod toward the brake pedal. See picture where I grabbed the push rod and turned it toward the brake pedal.

View attachment 2422391
FYI, Using techstream air bleed each line twice solved my soft brake pedal issue. Make sure that all air (no bubbles) coming out of the brake lines during bleeding FL,FR,RR,RL order via techstream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom