SoCal TLCA March Club Run - March 14-15, Anza Borrego, Day Trip w/Optional Overnight (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Meeting Time: 8:30 AM, Saturday, March 14, 2020

Meeting Location: Salton City Travel Plaza, 2084 S. Marina Drive, Thermal, CA

Weather Forecast: Current long-range forecast shows low to mid 70’s during the day, and mid to high 40’s at night, with a very low (10-20%) chance of showers. It should be a perfect time to hit Anza Borrego!

Trail Ratings: There are many trails to choose from in this area. My plan is to stick to Easy to Moderate trails. Some trails may have steep climbs and/or tight turns, but all should be suitable for high clearance stock vehicles. That said, if some want to branch off to more difficult bypasses for a more challenging time, that should be possible.

We’ll start off east of Anza Borrego State Park, and head towards AB via the Cross Over Trail, and maybe hit Pumpkin Patch, and then some of the trails around Borrego City. For those who want to make this a day trip, this should be a logical stopping point to get you home by late afternoon, or early evening.

For those who will be camping Saturday night, we’ll head over to Blair Valley for primitive camping (no available water or other supplies, so bring all you’ll need!). I've never camped there, but I've heard that it's absolutely beautiful! The following day, after breaking camp, we can do a few more trails in the area. If we have time, one of my favorites on the way out towards Julian is Oriflamme Canyon.

PLEASE RSVP TO ME SO I KNOW HOW MANY TO EXPECT.
You can reach me at: (949) 769-1744, either talk or text; or via email at:josephroy@cox.net Look forward to seeing you there!

Anza Borrego Run Update

Is anyone starting to worry about rain? I was, so I checked the Weather Channel app for both Salton City & Borrego Springs. Both places have an 80% chance of rain for Thursday, as of 5PM today (Wednesday). Both are also expected to be partly cloudy to clear & sunny for both Saturday & Sunday, with highs in the low 70’s & overnight lows in the high 40’s. I think the weather is going to be awesome! Thursdays rain should help to hold the dust down, just like it did for the Cleghorn run.

I’ll be monitoring the weather closely. If things change so that it looks like it might be wise to cancel, I will post updates on IH8MUD Clubhouses and the SoCalTLCA website. See you on the run!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom