So what's on the agenda for your 25 this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are the OEM footman loops much (or any) different from the modern day ones you get for bikini top tie-downs, etc.??

I'm getting ready to paint my two mismatched tailgate doors (one has OEM footmans, one doesn't). Rather than plugging the holes on one side, I'd rather add footmans to the other (even though the original hardtop 25s probably didn't have them to begin with).

I'd be curious as to the hole-to-hole distance on the ones from SOR, if you get a chance to measure them. I put one of my footmans from a Kayline soft-top along side of the OEMs on my left tailgate door, and there's about a 1/4" difference in length (the OEMs are longer, and flatter at the hole opening).

The aftermarket loops have a different hole spacing than the OEM ones.

There are two different versions of the OEM footman loops you'd only notice if side by side. The older ones have roundish stamped ends and the the later ones are almost rectangular at the stamped ends.

Thanks, Jim. That's good to know.

Mike, which type did you get from SOR?

(The exisiting ones on my left tailgate are the rectangular stamped type.)

Still unpacking my order. I'll let ya know.

Edit: Damn you SOR!!! The ones they sent me look nearly identical to the ones that I have here, but the hole spacing is off by 1/4". They are the rounded end ones and are aftermarket. Anyone want to trade for some OEM ones?? :)

Last edited:
Awfully quiet around here . . . . :confused:

Well, this weekend I'm going to tinker with the brakes just a little more before I'll probably have to yank the wheel cylinders and get them resleeved. :mad:

Otherwise, going to start prepping the tailgate doors and tool box lid for painting.

Also going to finally :rolleyes: wire up the new tail lights.
BTW, what "extra wire" has to be soldered to what to make them work??

Anybody else doing anything . . . . ??

Landcruisersteve said:
Awfully quiet around here . . . . :confused:

Well, this weekend I'm going to tinker with the brakes just a little more before I'll probably have to yank the wheel cylinders and get them resleeved. :mad:

Otherwise, going to start prepping the tailgate doors and tool box lid for painting.

Also going to finally :rolleyes: wire up the new tail lights.
BTW, what "extra wire" has to be soldered to what to make them work??

Anybody else doing anything . . . . ??

It's quiet 'cuz you haven't been a posting fool. :D I was holding rock steady at my .5 posts a day until I had to start picking up the slack. :flipoff2: I linked John's post about the 25 in the movies on the LCML.....number of views doubled.......but they must all be too shy to jump into such an aggressive forum like this. :rolleyes:

Take the bulb out of the light, you'll see where the additional wire goes. Just tin the end of the wire, stick it up through the base and hit it from the top with the soldering iron. That will be your turn signal / brake light.

Otherwise, I'm not doing anything, no sir, nothing at all. Except trying to clean the garage. ;) Maybe next weekend. :cool:

I not doing anything on the 25s, headed up north to cut more oak. I almost ran out last winter and with a electric furnace :eek: I need to have wood for the stove on hand. I was hoping you guys would be out here for the owner's convention to give me a hand :D but I can see that's not going to happen. Next month Freightdog is putting on the skinwalker run in Canyon de Chelly maybe some of you would like to come for that. I could provide a FJ25, FJ45 and FJ62. After that I run out of current license plates :crybaby: Just remember all that oak needs to be split :grinpimp:

John

Cruiser_Nerd said:
It's quiet 'cuz you haven't been a posting fool. :D I was holding rock steady at my .5 posts a day until I had to start picking up the slack. :flipoff2:

Yeah, yeah. Blame it on the guy with no brakes. ("There's no stopping me now," as they say.) :D

Okay, so when I open up the light assembly, the obvious connection will be staring me right in the face, right? As anal retentive as I am, I'll spend an hour just trying to decide what color of wire to use. :rolleyes:

Living in the Past said:
I was hoping you guys would be out here for the owner's convention to give me a hand :D but I can see that's not going to happen.

Well, maybe if the timing is right. I'm heading out to PHX for a week from October 8th - 16th. Would that happen to be the week that you guys are doing the Canyon de Chelly run?? (I'll drive one of your Cruisers, but I ain't chopping no stinkin' wood for ya!! :D )

If that's not the week of the run, are you going to be in town that week, John?

I know I'll be around most of that week at the least of not all it. I think the run is just after that :frown: Check the CSC posts it on there.

On the wire on the tail light you can't miss it. With the blub out you'll see the two holes, one will have a wire soldered into it. Just solder a wire into the other hole and your set.

Time for me to pick up the wife and then up to the cabin.

John

Living in the Past said:
I know I'll be around most of that week at the least of not all it.

Good. I'll touch base with you before I head out there. Jim, Mike, Eric, Gene? You coming? :D :D

Living in the Past said:
I think the run is just after that :frown: Check the CSC posts it on there.

I just went looking for it and no can find. :frown: Gotta thread link to it, John?

Theres two dots on the end of the socket that correspond to the bulb. Both are positive. The sides of the bulb are the ground. The bulb is a double element. One of the dots is turn signal and parking light (should have existing wire), and one of the dots is stop (brighter than the other).

John, I'll bring an 18' trailer of split and seasoned oak if you let me take the 45 home. ;p

I'm headed up to the cabin tonight, if you get there tomorrow morning I'll help you load it up. If your not there tomorrow I check to see how much wood I stiil need. There is always next year. :rolleyes:

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom