so what else to replace, HG gone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On the injector question, I had mine done locally. I never knew it, but injector cleaning is not an unusual business in any community. Local mechanics and dealer service departments farm this out and there's usually one around. My guy had the correct O rings and intake seals in stock for my injectors, though I took his off and used the OEM Toyota ones that came from Cdan.

On Robbie doing it, I simply cannot give a stronger recommendation. If any of you are skiers - consider driving your rig into his shop and then taking a shuttle or something to ski around Denver while it gets done. His knowledge of this engine never ceases to amaze me and if you want to simply turn the key and drive off for another 250,000 miles - he's your guy.

On the head milling. Hmm. Tough call but here's my take having put 170,000 miles on FZJs, and also a background evaluating vehicles. With both engines, I noticed more of a free revving ability in neutral. The difference was obvious - step on the throttle and the engine revs much faster and also has a snarl component to it that wasn't there before the milling. At the wheel, I feel a slightly better throttle response, and it seems to pull harder at higher RPMs. All of this I've tried to separate from the other improvements the engines got during the HG - new plugs, one with injectors cleaned the other without, etc.

The shop charged me $250 with the .010 and they seemed to indicate the milling was basically free since they would have cleaned up the head surface anyhow. I'd do it again if they charged me $100 for that .010. That included a full valve job (3 way grind, new stem seals, adjust shims, pressure test).

DougM

Great sounds like I have everything lined up. Depending on the condition of the head when it gets removed. I hoping to have it back in a week and a half until then I'm saved by a j**p.

I will follow with info as this progresses.

Digital teperature alarm

Hi e9999 what is the name of the digital alarm you have fitted and where have you fitted it to read the temp?

snowwolf said:
Hi e9999 what is the name of the digital alarm you have fitted and where have you fitted it to read the temp?

put it together myself. Very easy. search for a thread using "thermocouple".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom