So how annoying is the blind spot? Can you get used to it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

great dd love the fj. blind spot , i guess but its like every other new vehicle ive owned just takes alittle to get used to. i love the way the fj looks and drives. thats why i own one.

uhoh7 said:
backing up, I just call down to sonar for a bearing to target ;)

I have not heard the beep yet since my FJ is still on order.

Someone should come up with a mod that "pings" like a subs sonar, that would be cool.

I do not feel that a "blind" spot exists. Yes rear visibility is very limited however I haven't been able to find and angle at which a car can be completely invisible when I look in both "HUGE" side view mirrors and/or rear view mirror. If thats the case then the car is right beside you so just look left. I will agree rear visiblity sucks but this car is not "blind"

the only way that blind spot would ever be a problem is when you get those mirrior covered in mud or torn off the rig form a rock or tree

nat88toy said:
the only way that blind spot would ever be a problem is when you get those mirrior covered in mud or torn off the rig form a rock or tree
Blindspot, schmindspot.

External mirrors screw up the bodylines! :D

notorangepoppyred.jpg

Now ... if you want to talk 'stupid engineering' - in reference to another post above - let's talk about how few cars there are out there that you can drive around with a window down without that annoying buffeting effect ...

madams557 said:
You guys are mentioning that the larger side mirros help compensate for the c-pillar blind spot.

I was wondering if those huge brake lights that stick out on the side case a blind spot??

The brake lights only look like they stick out...they're actually in line, or slightly inside, the body line...

-H-

Use Your Mirrors

If people would use their side view mirrors to look to the side and not the rear, you should not have a problem. I have an Element that has a large C pillar. Most people think it has a blind spot. When the side view mirrors are positioned properly, cars move from the rear view mirror, into the side view, then into my periphery vision. I always know where they are. No contorting to find traffic.

What blind spot? Try driving cargo vans. :D

I thought that's what the 4WD with Locking Diff compensated for. :bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom