SOLD SO CAL: RTT Columbus Autohome Variant XL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is one of the original hardshell RTT designs. Made in Italy. Custom Color – Grey/Grey

Currently Mounted on Land Cruiser 100.

In my experience it is pretty much bombproof. I have slept in it for at least 40 nights in the last 18 months. That included hot desert, snow, and raging downpours. I will personally guarantee it to be leak-proof in a rain storm if used correctly.

Tent has been slightly modified by adding a set Rhino Rack Vortex Roof Bars to allow surf boards to be carried on top of the tent. Rack is securely mounted on rails that are backed with 1.5” aluminum strips to distribute the load.

This is the XL size: It weighs 141 pounds. The mattress is 63” wide and 82” long. That’s bigger than a Queen Mattress! The previous owner easily accommodated two adults and two small children. I have never had more than two people in there, and you don’t even notice the other person is there. This is the real reason to buy this RTT tent over any other – if you want space, this is the biggest one I have seen. Plus, you can leave all your bedding inside, including pillows and ladder, so setting up camp is super quick.

Mattress is 3’ thick, with a cover, and makes for a comfy night of sleep. All openings have screens so bug protection is not a problem. It has 3 doors so you aren’t restricted to your setup, and have more freedom in choosing a campsite.

It is used and does show some wear. The finish is a bit oxidized. The light inside has been remounted using strong Velcro. The interior storage net (great to hold your jackets or additional sleeping bag) is a little baggy from use. The tent needs a little more push to open up with the added weight of the Rhino Bars.

Includes ladder, mounting hardware, Rhino Rack, as a set of round bars to mount it to a roof rack. Tent also includes a vestibule and awning, specifically designed for this tent, to make it easy to use in foul weather. This particular item is brand new, never opened never used, so I can’t tell you much more about it.

For product info, follow this link: Columbus Variant | Autohome US

The obvious questions – why am I selling it? 90% of the time I wheel solo and just don’t need the space. And I live in the city and need to lower the profile of the vehicle so I can fit in parking garages at home and at work.

I love the clamshell RTT concept and will be replacing it with a thinner and narrower version.

If interested, check the manufacturer’s link for initial information. You can get all the specs there. Once interest is established, I will happily send custom detailed pics.

Retail price for tent is $3700. Retail for Awning is $330. Rhino Rack System on Roof retails at $350.

I’m offering the whole package for $2000 or best. Not shipping. But will consider delivery in SoCal area with full price offer.

The pics show the tent before the Rhino Rack, with the Rhino rack, and with the Rhino Vortex bars removed. Again, happy to send more detailed pics for interested buyer.

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_3760.jpg

IMG_7003.jpg

IMG_9003.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom