So Cal Exposition Idea (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruise Nite

About the only remaining Bob's Big Boy restaurant, locatad in Toluca Lake/Burbank has a huge turnout every Friday night, they call it Cruise Night. There are some really cool cars there, old Ford Coupes, Classic Muscle cars from the 60's, fancy bikes, you name it. Last time I was there I saw some old Flatfender Jeeps and some other offroad trucks. People were looking. It gets quite a turnout.

I think it would be way cool if we got a group of cruisers parked in there one Fri nite.

BTW, there is a really excellent hot dog in Sherman Oaks at the Wiener Factory. I've been to Pinks and WF so many times I've lost count. I think they are about equal in taste, but WF doesn't have a half-hour wait.

Dana

How about planning one of the gatherings to end at one of the So. Ca. TLCA club meetings? It would be nice to see some new rigs and maybe also recruit some new members. Our September meeting will be held at Huntington Beach Library Park on Sept. 11 at 3:00 P.M. and on the 1st Sunday of the month after that at the Hamburger Express in Westminster at 5:00 P.M. You can get some info. on the club at our piss-poor website (soon to change...):

http://www.socallandcruisers.com/main.htm

Here is a pick from our beach party this last weekend:

P8070002r.JPG

how about "neptunes net" on PCH just into Ventura county? All the bikers and yuppies clash there on the weekends, would be a sight to throw in some cruisres too. also there's the beach right there and the Santa Monica mountains are right behind it. fresh seafood, cold beer, bikinis, surf, and cruisers mmm....

philos1 said:
how about "neptunes net" on PCH just into Ventura county? All the bikers and yuppies clash there on the weekends, would be a sight to throw in some cruisres too. also there's the beach right there and the Santa Monica mountains are right behind it. fresh seafood, cold beer, bikinis, surf, and cruisers mmm....

That would be a great place but, if a lot of rigs showed up, don't you think the parking would be a nightmare?
Every couple of weeks, my buddies and I have a 4x4 Cruise night out here in Northridge on Sat. nights when we're not out wheeling on the weekends or working on our rigs.
If you guys are interested, I can post when we'll be doing the next one.
Ron :beer:

So Sorry But No Time

I've been trying to gather some time to figure this out, but between Law school apps, work, and the LSAT I am confined to the walls of the office and the library. I'm real down on not being able to execute on this as I was really looking forward to the idea, but that's the way my cookie's crumbling right now.

Thought I'd let all those who voiced interest know why there has been no progress. If the weather permits (which it should, we're in So Cal), I might try and do a pre- SURF & TURF event mid October, but if not I'll hopefully see ALL of you on the dunes come November, in hopes of having the nice weather we had last year.

-Sam-

Sam,

Best of luck with the LSAT my friend, even if this country doesn't need another lawyer! hehehe

Priorities I tell ya! Alright...how about a coastal get together in early October off PCH? Let's pick a date and make it a thing! Anyone familiar with a decent area to hang out and lurk?

PKP80 said:
I've been trying to gather some time to figure this out, but between Law school apps, work, and the LSAT I am confined to the walls of the office and the library. I'm real down on not being able to execute on this as I was really looking forward to the idea, but that's the way my cookie's crumbling right now.

Thought I'd let all those who voiced interest know why there has been no progress. If the weather permits (which it should, we're in So Cal), I might try and do a pre- SURF & TURF event mid October, but if not I'll hopefully see ALL of you on the dunes come November, in hopes of having the nice weather we had last year.

-Sam-

PKP80 said:

-Sam-
sam you are G*Y come on you start this and bow out

ian rogers ...

Off of PCH would be nice, maybe even hit a trail.

There are PLENTY of parking lots all along PCH, take your pick Malibu, Santa Monica, even in the Harbor in Redondo Beach..... and Hey that one has a Rubys... But beach parking lots + weekend get together = $$$ for parking and lots and lots of people....

-Matt

OK, how about we meet at Pinks in the am, then drive out of the Valley to Mulholland, out through the Santa Monica mountains on Mulholland (it's dirt to Topanga), stop at the Rock Store on Mulholland (where the yuppie harleys hang out on weekends), the continue on Mulholland to the beach, ending up at County Line for lunch at Neptunes' Net?

Should please everyone. ;)

David

PS did I say Mulholand enough times :doh:

OZCAL said:
OK, how about we meet at Pinks in the am, then drive out of the Valley to Mulholland, out through the Santa Monica mountains on Mulholland (it's dirt to Topanga), stop at the Rock Store on Mulholland (where the yuppie harleys hang out on weekends), the continue on Mulholland to the beach, ending up at County Line for lunch at Neptunes' Net?

David

That sounds like the best dam idea yet....

-Matt

OZCAL said:

David

sounds like a plan. I'd be up for it.

Excellent little journey and I'm in. Never been to Pinks. Where is it? Date? :D

OZCAL said:

David

Hey, I told the wife, and she would be willing to spend a weekend in LA.

So I might see you guys down there.

AR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom