1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SM465 Plate Adapter

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by texas dogman, Aug 18, 2006.

1. texas dogman

texas dogman

Read numerous while doing a search on plate adapters, and looks like several folks were not overly impressed with service they recieved from Classic Cruisers. Are there any other recommended suppliers of a plate style adapter that will fit a SM465 to a stock 3 sp or 4 sp t/c?

Thanks... dogman

2. Leaping Deer

Leaping Deer

Media:
    Albums:
    As far as I know the only other option would be Advanced Adapters. However the adapter is much longer. I am getting ready to do this swap myself and am probably going to end up going with the Classic Cruiser adapter.

3. jcj_78FJ40

jcj_78FJ40

I have been researching the same setup and have talked to Classic Cruisers about their adapter. As far as talking to someone on the phone, they were very helpful in answering my questions.

The price for these adapters cost more than I hoped. The CC adapter plate was $375 and the threaded output shaft was $180. The AA adapter kit is $517.

You might want to consider the AA rockbox, which runs about $1K but would eliminate the need for an adapter plate. I think I would rather spend the extra $ for the doubler. Now I’m trying to figure out what is required to make all that fit, lengthening the drive train.. etc.

4. 2badfjs

2badfjs

so why not go with the cc plate and just have a machinest tap the end of the output shaft?

5. jcj_78FJ40

jcj_78FJ40

I think that is an option if you have a SM465 w/ 10 spline output and a 3spd xfercase but I would check with CC to make sure.

It would be nice if some these guys who make SM420 adapter paltes would come out with a less expensive "Woody style" adapter plate for the SM465.

6. 73fj

73fj Tho at sumbitch in ayer!

Media:
    Albums:
    I went with AA on mine, haven't had one bit of trouble with it, and I didn't have to replace the main shaft like the Classic Cruiser conversion.

7. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    The AA adapter for the 465 and 420 are nice and all but it is not a plate style adapter and adds 5.5" of length to you your drive train, shortening your rear drive shaft. Which may not matter to someone not running a large lift and a modified suspension set up, but to someone that may be spring over or running a different suspension set up, you could easily run out of u-joint operating angle with the longer adapter.

:beer:

8. FoYoChe

FoYoChe

make up a 3d model and I can have a chinese supplier quote them, if you can get enough interest it would probably run you 100 bucks a set for a shaft and plate

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">