Sludge Buildup in Radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had all of my hoses changed at 125K miles (a couple of months ago) along with the PHH. I noticed a quarter size drop of coolant if I let the LC sit for 2 days. Had it pressurized and it did not leak, but it was coming from the PHH area??? Finally decided to use some Barr's stop leak (same stuff they use on new GM cars) worked, no more leak. Figure I will change the coolant again in the spring just to get the Barr's stuff out. Hate to do it now since the coolant is only a couple of months old. What do you guys think, should I flush and refill? If I do, will it start leaking again because it will remove the Barr's or should I just exchange fluid? or should I just wait until the spring like I planned.

Pitbull,
I personally feel that any "stop-leak" equals stop flow :eek:
But then again I come from the old school of mechanics :D

Pit,

>> Finally decided to use some Barr's stop leak <<

As I recall, they make many different versions of Barr's Stop Leak. Do you remember which you tried and why you selected the one you bought?

-B-

I don't know which one it was, recommended by my mechanic, but I do know that there is stuff floating around in my coolant. But no Rad. problems, temp's are all the same. Think if I flush it all out that the leak will come back, or does it stay in the leaks it sealed in the first place and the excess just floats around? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom