Slow Speed Braking Pulse/Grab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm experiencing an odd pulsing/grabbing when I slowly come to a stop. Like driving around a crowded parking lot. I don't feel it if I'm going faster than 15mph, but if I brake like you would when approaching a stop light, firmly at first and then as needed to come to a slow stop, it feels like an intermittent grabbing/pulsing.

I know what "warped" rotors feel like, it's not that. I doubt it's a stuck caliper as it's felt equally on both sides, and I don't think it's an alignment thing, because I'd feel that at high speeds.

I've read about this happening to others on the various GX470 forums. But have yet to see a verified cause. Some theorize that it's the ABS system kicking in due to dirty/greasy sensors.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I don't yet have jackstands or the tools to pull everything apart at the moment, but wanted to see if I could learn anything in the interim.

Thanks!

I did, but I would get it and low and higher speeds with medium and easy braking. I went to aftermarket calipers, rotors and pads. So far after 1200 miles, no problems to report

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom