Slow build begins... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
missionsonwheels.org
The Cruiser is finally out of the garage and heading to the shop Monday. This may actually take longer then Fireman's build.

ForumRunner_20121201_172934.jpg

ForumRunner_20121201_172934.jpg

Good to hear Mike,

what are the plans for the Wheel Barrow:hillbilly:

Hint: There's the name for the truck.

Are you going for the one ton truck?

.. And don't feel bad sir about how long it takes, in my case it has been what it represents...

tinker toy, Hobbie, stress reliever, the mystress that Alma learned to accept, money burner, Mecanic 101...and the best of all, meeting this here fine group, oh and the them Rednecks too!

JP

5.7L / 700r4 / Atlas 3.8, linked D60 / 14B. The Atlas arrived last month so we can get the driveline and start laying the links. Once that's done the tub will come off and go under the knife to cut our the rust.... whatever is left will go back on the rig...

Glad to hear Mike,

What year the 5.7?

I am looking into getting another engine for my 40 or bring it back to the original TBI.

Tne motor I have is carburated now and I am seriously considering the TBI.

Mine is a 92 motor out of a Z71 and the engine has been rebuilt it with mild cam and hi'er 9:1 compression pistons.

.. But the carb kills me bad it work OK when new but now that is old it aint that great.

I am considering also a 5.3,, trying to get to the newer engines but I have not found one that I like the price...:hillbilly:

Mite wanna check with Josh ... he was makin' some noise 'bout partin' out his junk. :meh:

:flamingo:

See what you done started Kowboy? I hope you are proud of yourself. ;(

But darn, I hate to be one them birds that feeds from the dead animals, sorry can't spell "volture" did I get it right???:hillbilly:

I had to go ask my son...

My son Jonas said it is embarrasing that I can't spell... I am telling you, these lil' mexicans are correcting Dad now...

Anyways, so Our VP is parting out the School bus?...

I can use parts since I am looking for whole drive train for my lil son's truck...

I aint buying 'em cars or trucks for college So I gotta start now so by the time they go to High school or colleges they have something to move around.

I guess is order an e-mail to our VP.

5.7's out of a '99 Vortec. Looking for an LS1 if $$$ permits.

Them 5.7 sound nice and are strong too but they're not that good in mileage..

Now what's the price on an LS1?

I have not even considered quoting one them motors...

now those are hard to come by in my area...

Now the 5.3 are cheap... you probably can get one for about $600.00 and better in gas mileage...

A friend of mine has a 5.3 with internals from a 6.0 and a mild cam and that motor has some power and torque..

...and just like everything, he uprgraded the engine and started breaking trannies, 2 of them to be exact.

Finally he got a good tranny but now he's converting to a one ton axels and the truck is a show truck.

Startin' to think this may end up a truggy build... Started cutting rust out of the rear wheel wells and there wasn't much left :frown: Found a source of heavy gauge aluminum that would make some nice body panels.

Did you send me what you were sending me yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom