Slightly modded drawer system from Warfield Off-Road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here are some pics of my drawer system from Warfield Off-Road. I made some cuts to narrow both the drawer tops and the bed extensions so they would fit properly. I also cut those wedges out of the front ends of the hatches so they could open when the back seats are up.

I did cut outs of the fronts of the bed extensions so they could be installed while maintaining front seat adjustability and I modded the securement to the drawer tops to make it bombproof.

Also, for anybody with an HDJ81, you'll have to drill some holes through the bottom of the trunk to secure the metal frame to the truck. His design is rock solid, especially the drawers themselves, but they mount to a metal frame that is designed itself to bolt into the holes in the floor of the trunk that are for securing the FJ80's third row seats. HDJ81s have no third row seats and, therefore, have no holes in the trunk floor.

I waited quite some time for full delivery but Charles threw in the hatches and aircraft rails for my troubles. The aircraft rails are killer. I think I'm going to get some more.
xIMG_4284.jpg
xIMG_4287.jpg
xIMG_4288.jpg

more pics
xIMG_4289.jpg
xIMG_4291.jpg
xIMG_4292.jpg

and more
xIMG_4293.jpg
xIMG_4294.jpg
xIMG_4295.jpg

and more!

The bed extension can be removed in about 1 minute by unscrewing three screws.
xIMG_4296.jpg
xIMG_4297.jpg

Very nice. I wish I had the same access to the aircraft parts like I use to. I didn't own a 4x4 then, so never thought about this stuff. All those spring loaded cargo tie downs, and single receptacles I missed out on, I could of made some sweet projects. :crybaby:

Yep- this is pretty sweet. I think I will remove the back seat before I do this. Might reduce the weight factor and win some space...

BTW- that is one dangerous looking beast you have there.

Last edited:
I like how they still give you access to the side compartments, and the security system is top notch too.

I like how they still give you access to the side compartments, and the security system is top notch too.

Yeah there's no use in wasting that space. BTW, the shelf brackets in the picture have proven to be far too weak. They deform if you put much weight on them. I've got some much stronger replacement ones from Home Depot for $1.09 each and they'll be going on this Sunday. I also need to put on the included aluminum angle iron-y trim thing to protect the carpet edge you see with the first pic.

As for the security system...what security system? I got some plastic latches that I haven't figured out how to install. But some the examples on Warfield's website have some pretty skookum looking locking latches. I didn't upgrade to those though.

One last thing: I'm aware that aluminum angle iron is an oxymoron so don't jump all over me for that :hillbilly:.

Yeah, when my brother had a paper route. He dragged me along sometimes to help him out. He made me deliver the paper to this one house that had this big "BEWARE OF DOG" sign on the gate. He said he hated delivering to that house, because the dog was pretty mean. So here I am all nervous sneaking up to this house to deliver the paper, expecting the worse. As soon as I got close to the gate, I could hear claws hitting the ground running. I'm thinking to myself my brother is an A hole, and then this head pops out between the gaps in the gate, and it's this little pug with it's tongue hanging out trying to bark at me, which sounded like it had a sinus infection. I almost died that day. I know yours is not a pug, but the face in your Avatar reminds me of that day.

Hey nice drawers! This was the first of my gen 2 80 series drawer systems so there were some definate bugs to be worked out, like the angles at the front side hatch wings that allow them to open when the second row seats are up :doh: but now we got it! There were also some real bugs to work out on the sleeping platform, but we figured it all out. Thanks you Ikeep for your patience. I am also now useing a wood support for the side hatches. ikeep, if the engle brackets you have don't work out let me know I will send you some of these prety wood one :cheers:

This is what those wood wing supports look like, and how the new sleeping platform looks.
IMG_6425.jpg

IMG_6430.jpg

I got the stronger angle brackets in, put the aluminum edge things on and figured out and installed the latches. Charles, my angle brackets are rock solid, so I won't be hitting you up for the wooden ones, but they look fancy schmancy and the next guy will enjoy them.

Looks like you've also upgraded to some quality cupboard hinges. So far my piano ones are working pretty good.
IMG00030-20110410-1558.jpg
IMG00031-20110410-1559.jpg

Yeah, new standard hinges, I like them a lot, they are much easyer then the piano hinges when it come to install. But they will not flip all th way over and lay flat. The trim looks great!

I got the stronger angle brackets in, put the aluminum edge things on and figured out and installed the latches. Charles, my angle brackets are rock solid, so I won't be hitting you up for the wooden ones, but they look fancy schmancy and the next guy will enjoy them.

Looks like you've also upgraded to some quality cupboard hinges. So far my piano ones are working pretty good.

very nice! I have pretty much narrowed down my choice to those drawers as well, eventually.

Oh the irony....

Perusing 'mud for some install instructions as I'm installing these drawers now. And I do mean these exact drawers :)

Thanks @ikeedikeed

I know the last post is 3 years old, but I cannot find Warfield Off-road online now. Anyone know if he's still in business? I'm looking to build out my 100 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom