Sliders my version (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need to do some too, Dan. Let's find some material and get together.

Fax

haystax said:
Lazy ass...way to go the extra mile for the customer :D

bite me, my customers have no complaints........
:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Trevor said:
Sooo....What are ya gonna do with the old running boards? Are they in good shape?

Don't know, they belong to the owner of the truck........they are perfect...

Butch

Outback said:
So you gotta trim the rockers like that to make yours work??? I'm considering that... I really dig your idea Butch.

Could you get an underneath pic at the rear so I can see how/where they attach to the frame back there??? I believe I could fab those up pretty easily if I knew where everything went exactly.

Jody.

Never done them any other way than trimming...tub is trimmed where the floor board and outer sheet metal is welded together, the bolts going thru are into 2 layers of factory metal..the way I mark to trim, is drill a hole at either end from the backside, snap a chalk line and fire up the sawzall.....there is no brace at the rear to the frame, just bolts thru the tub.........I can take measurements off the other set I have at the shop
Butch

Texican said:
Don't know, they belong to the owner of the truck........they are perfect...

Let me know if he wants to get rid of them. There's just a few scales of rust holding mine on.

Could you snap a pic of the back side underneath so I can see where they would end up under there and how you bolted them through the tub???

I'm just about to borrow a buddy's sawzall and buy some steel... I already have the 1" angle on the bottom of my stock rockers w/o the steps -- I'm half way there :D

Jody.

Outback said:
Could you snap a pic of the back side underneath so I can see where they would end up under there and how you bolted them through the tub??Jody.

Jody, get under the truck and drill a hole just below, but right against the double layer of metal, where the floorboard is spot welded to the outer sheet meta,l do this at the front then at the rear, snap a chalk line and cut, I measure and drill the angle iron prior to welding it onto the 2x6, 5 bolts spaced evenly.......set the slider up, I used 2 cheap scissor jacks like import cars come with to hold it up against the tub, drill the outer holes bolt them in then drill the inners, I use 5/16" stainless with flat washers and nylock nuts, there are a couple that are hard to get the nut onto and hold a backup, but nothing impossible.......drill the holes 11/32" so you have a bit of room....level the board drill and bolt the other support

Butch, you ever think about just cutting the 6" tubing in half at an angle and then bolting that directly to the rockers with a bit of support?

Seems like less weight and materials (considering that tubing is getting stupid expensive now a days.)

Hmm

A quick glance up under there last night with my 3 yo daughter, it seems like it would be setting right on the gas tank recess, is that how yours is?? Is there any clearanace between the two?

I understand the cutting of the rockers procedure completely now. One concept down... :D

I just really need to come see your rig Butch, but I'll never get down there any time soon... :rolleyes: I'm not clear on "drill the outer holes bolt them in then drill the inners". Are you talking about the 1" angle on top of the 2x6??? I'm confused. Maybe about how the rear of the 2x6 bolts vertically through the tub somewhere back there???

If I'm being a pest and dense just say "figure it out yourself, you're a smart boy..."

I really like those sliders and told Lee about how I was going to do them... She didn't object to me cutting the rockers. She just don't want me wheelin' my '01 DCab Taco. :eek: I really wanna though :bounce:

Thanks Butch.

Jody.

Have to go rollin with another non-purist Tex...just North of you in Sherman. As soon as I eliminate my valve problem, we'll have to hook up.

Purist...Didn't they burn people?

they look great butch, tuck up nice and clean but without the steps, how do short people get in lifted rigs? :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
tootall.JPG

Answering a couple of ?? I missed, Jody there is barely enough room to reach your fingers up in to get the washers and nuts on there between the slider and the gas tank pocket.....
Ige, mine still have the steps, and a little "goose" in the proper location and you would leap into the seat........ :eek: :flipoff2:

Trevor said:
Let me know if he wants to get rid of them. There's just a few scales of rust holding mine on.

sup bud,

i've got a set chillin out behind my shed back home....not perfect, but not rusted out.

send me an email if you want em...

malphrus
jmalphr@clemson.edu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom