Ski/snowboard rack for k9 roof rack solution? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a k9 roof rack on my 200 right now. I know the k9 rack is compatible with yakima and thule cross bars but I don't really want to add additional height when I'm transporting snowboards. Anyone successfully mount a ski/snowboard holder directly on the k9 rack? If so, what mounting solution did you go with?
I'm hoping I can mount the yakima fat cat 6 on the k9 rack.

I have the yakima fat cat 6 on my k9 rack. Gotta use the rubber straps, not the t fittings. It works great but your ski bindings may interfere with the cross bars depending on size. Overall I'm fairy happy but not thrilled with the setup.

I have the yakima fat cat 6 on my k9 rack. Gotta use the rubber straps, not the t fittings. It works great but your ski bindings may interfere with the cross bars depending on size. Overall I'm fairy happy but not thrilled with the setup.
Thanks for the info!. Would love to see some photos with the rack mounted, if you have any :)

I use the fat cats on both the basic 2 part rack and the full rack. The two part rack fits great, but a little fiddle the first time. The full rack is even easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom