Silver Lake, MI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to run up to Silver Lake and hit some dunes and camp etc. online it said something about needing a permit. Anyone been or live up that way have been wheeling? Can I just bring the cruiser and wheel? Any suggestions for the area?

1) Yes you need the Mi. ORV sticker, easily obtained in town.

2) Yes you can "wheel" the dunes just fine in either of your rigs in your sig line.

3) the local go cart tracks are more fun then the dunes. "Fastrack" or something like that

The dunes seem really fun in a dune buggy. I thought it was pretty boring after the first 20 minutes in a truck(others may disagree). It is kind of resort-ish in the summer, but still worth checking out. We stayed here a few years back, good if you got the family. http://www.silverlakerc.com/

No family just me and the girl, any place up there to just drive up to a beach and throw down a tent?

No family just me and the girl, any place up there to just drive up to a beach and throw down a tent?

No, cant be done legally up there. There lots of campgrounds.
There is a state campground in Pentwater that is all sand, trees and paved road. Great spot for tent camping and the campground is right on the beach, an awesome beach. Charles Mears State Park. Very booked campground, get on line to make a reservation. This is about 20 minutes north of Silver Lake.
Been going there since the mid 60's......yes I'm that old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom