Show off your auxiliary lights on your 120 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a hybrid / slimline winch bumper on the way for my GX470 and need some ideas for spot/flood/driving lights. It's got a cutout for a 20" light bar, but I'm considering a 30" bar or a pair of round or rectangular lights on top of the bumper. So far I have in mind the Lightforce Striker Led driving lights, Diode Dynamics Stage Series LED Bar 20" or 30" combo spot/flood. Diode Dynamics SS3 SAE Driving pods. I am looking to spend as much as $500 for some quality lights.

VGXFB-0_2.jpg

Links to that slimline hybrid bumper?

If you want to use it on road, I would only recommend Diode Dynamics SS3 SAE version. I have a couple set of BD Squadron and they should not be used any time there are traffic form the opposite direction.

Color temperature are very often overlooked. Many like 6000k color, but they are too white and does not provide good color rendering. Diode Dynamic SS3 amber is the only one I know use 4000k LED in amber version only. They sell replacement white lens if you prefer.

One thing to consider is expensive light are easy to steal so keeping them hidden inside bumper would be the best.

If you want to use it on road, I would only recommend Diode Dynamics SS3 SAE version. I have a couple set of BD Squadron and they should not be used any time there are traffic form the opposite direction.

Color temperature are very often overlooked. Many like 6000k color, but they are too white and does not provide good color rendering. Diode Dynamic SS3 amber is the only one I know use 4000k LED in amber version only. They sell replacement white lens if you prefer.

One thing to consider is expensive light are easy to steal so keeping them hidden inside bumper would be the best.

I'm looking for strictly off road lights though I will run them on the road out where I'm at when it's dark and no one else is on the road. 4k-6k temp is what I'm looking for. I have Rigid SAE yellow for fog lights and I don't think I want that color or amber as a driving/spot/flood light that throws into the distance. Good point about the theft issue. I'll have to look into how these lights mount.

I'm looking for strictly off road lights though I will run them on the road out where I'm at when it's dark and no one else is on the road. 4k-6k temp is what I'm looking for. I have Rigid SAE yellow for fog lights and I don't think I want that color or amber as a driving/spot/flood light that throws into the distance. Good point about the theft issue. I'll have to look into how these lights mount.

BTW: Rigid makes locking nuts with a socket key for their lights. Although, I do wonder if each size nut they use only has ONE key way--unlike locking lug nuts that may have multiple key combos. If so, theoretically, a thief could easily order a few of Rigid's locking nuts sizes and have all the keys and then have access to anyone's Rigid lights.

Does anyone know if Rigid locking nuts have various combos/patterns??

Bought a Metal Tech front bumper for my truck after a deer strike. I wanted the 25.5" OPOR light bar they offer but did not care for the $249.95 price tag:

I knew a metal shop in Oregon was not in the business of manufacturing their own light bars so I went about tracking down another re-labeler buying the same light bar from China and I finally found one.

EXACT same bar, but only paid $73.95 on Amazon. The mounts are different, but Metal Tech's mounts suck, too, so I fabbed my own and powder coated to match the bumper. My driving lights are on same as OEM, with the low beams, but this 24" bar comes on with my brights.

20200406_121908.jpg
20200406_121945.jpg
20200406_122026.jpg

Yikes, that bumper is...... :flush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom