Shop wants $475 to replace 2 plastic tees in heater hoses.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For Heater Ts, Hoses, and Clamps (All Toyota Parts...), if you plan ahead, you can save a lot of money ordering from Japan or the Middle East.
Amayama or Impex will save you a ton of money on hoses and clamps.
Last time I bought the full kit (6 hoses, 12 clamps, 2 Ts, all Toyota parts) it was less than 1/2 the price (including shipping, import fees, etc.) than a Toyota dealership with a decent discount.

Happy wrenching.
Tom
 
I fully understand everyone's want to stick with OEM

but that's gotta be like $150 of hoses vs going to autozone and getting the same size coolant hoses to cut and boil to shape for $30 lol

Maybe,
But the local Canadian dealers wanted over $300 in parts, got mine for 50% off, then saved on labour too, that's good enough ..

Using metal aftermarket heater tees which leaked for 5 years, although minimal, taught me just stick to OEM, not worth the headache :)
 
Hey Tareq, I am about to do the Heater Tees and the hoses on my 07 LX470. Wondering where you got the parts from? I wouldn't mind the discount :)

Maybe,
But the local Canadian dealers wanted over $300 in parts, got mine for 50% off, then saved on labour too, that's good enough ..

Using metal aftermarket heater tees which leaked for 5 years, although minimal, taught me just stick to OEM, not worth the headache :)

Hey Tareq, I am getting ready to the Heater Tees and the hoses on my 07 LX470, can you let me know where you got the OEM Parts from? I wouldn't mind the discount if still available.

Thanks
 
If you aren't in a hurry, Amayama, PartSouq, or Impex will be less expensive than a dealer.
I use Amayama most of the time.
They are usually priced somewhere between the other 2, I usually get the parts in 2 weeks, and you don't pay import duties separately.

Otherwise, many Toyota dealers offer around 30% off of parts when you buy them online.
My local dealer in Pittsburgh is 25 to 33% off, depending on what you're buying.
I order online, then pick them up at the dealership, so I don't pay shipping.
If you have a local dealership, try purchasing parts through their online website and it will show you the discount you are getting.

Good luck.
Tom
 
Am I crazy to think that is an outrageous price?
They are doing the timing belt and water pump and I asked about those tee connections. They said they use OEM ones and total is $475 to replace the two of them.

I can’t understand how the labor could be so high.

What am I missing?
2006 LX470 Just replaced my T's in 20 minutes, little to no coolant loss. Remove engine cover and place thick blanket on engine and crawl on top. 20 min and your done.
 
Hey Tareq, I am about to do the Heater Tees and the hoses on my 07 LX470. Wondering where you got the parts from? I wouldn't mind the discount :)



Hey Tareq, I am getting ready to the Heater Tees and the hoses on my 07 LX470, can you let me know where you got the OEM Parts from? I wouldn't mind the discount if still available.

Thanks

From Amayama, should take 2 weeks from the order date if you are in the west coast, they give you tracking too!
 
Back
Top Bottom