Shocker's FJ Cruiser SEMA Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, the seats are pretty good. The tag on the left of the shoulder area on the driver's seat is talking about the side impact airbags.

Shocker-

So the seat belt is on the front door? Thought the Chevy Berrettas did this but abandoned since in an accident if that door opens you no longer have your seat belt on.

And...being 6'5" did you fit in the FJ...comfortably? How is the leg and head room?

6'3 for me....head room was just fine, leg room was a "tad" short...suspect the same mod made to the 80-series sliders would be in order for truely long legg'd folks.

Interior room was fine for me. I was actually pretty pleased.

Keep in mind my height isn't due to having really long legs or a long torso, it's just that I'm big all around.

TX_TLC said:
Shocker-

So the seat belt is on the front door? Thought the Chevy Berrettas did this but abandoned since in an accident if that door opens you no longer have your seat belt on.

I think if you look at the way the door is part of the structure of the vehicle, you can see that the door integrates into the roof and there is a catch that is most likely a door striker/lock kind of deal. I agree it's a little strange whio knows they may move it onto the seat before production.

Besides you're talking about a Chevy Baretta.... :rolleyes:

msahr said:
I think if you look at the way the door is part of the structure of the vehicle, you can see that the door integrates into the roof and there is a catch that is most likely a door striker/lock kind of deal. I agree it's a little strange whio knows they may move it onto the seat before production.

Besides you're talking about a Chevy Baretta.... :rolleyes:

:D this is true...

Just odd to me that all of the production vehicles with this door system have integrated a frame work into the seat to support the seat belt system...all extended cab p/u, havn't seen a Honda Rubbermaid Mobile (element) up close.

Brian and Ryan,

Thanks for the info....great perspective from long legs and "big all around" (;)) :D

Just would hate to not be able to fit into it.

TX_TLC said:
:D this is true...

Just odd to me that all of the production vehicles with this door system have integrated a frame work into the seat to support the seat belt system...all extended cab p/u, havn't seen a Honda Rubbermaid Mobile (element) up close.

That's why I mentioned the seatbelt into seat idea. I've seen Elements up close but I don't remember the seatbelt setup.

OK I checked the Element website :rolleyes: and found this pic:

large5.jpg

Looks like the seatbelt is on the rear door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom