Servo motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
first post to mud. Been lurking for a few months but now I’m at a spot where I need some help. Just did a cooling system overhaul. Changed all hoses, changed my heater control valve, drive belts, fan clutch, PHH, full coolant flush including heater coils. Still I do not have hot air coming from the vents. In searching threads I’ve come across that the air mix damper servo may be bad, or possibly the cable to it. Pulled the dash. Cables not seized or broken and in pulling apart the servo I didn’t notice anything that could make me believe it’s bad either. Can I apply 12 v to the motor that’s in the servo to see if it spins? Or will that burn it up? Also any other suggestions on where to look while I have my dash apart?

My air mix servo was missing the little wire harness on top
I bought another on ebay searching the denso part number
it was too tough to get installed correctly and I only get cold air

Did you figure your's out?

My air mix servo was missing the little wire harness on top
I bought another on ebay searching the denso part number
it was too tough to get installed correctly and I only get cold air

Did you figure your's out?
I did. I did the same thing. Once I pulled the whole dash apart to get to it I decided to replace it and see what would happen. Ended up fixing the problem.

if you get a chance, it would be really helpful to see the actuator position on top of the servo motor when turned to coldest

It isn't going back together, (I found you could open up the motor and rotate the plastic gear and the damaged ones are out of the way)
Seems like the white plastic levers won't attach. Maybe I',m missing a hook lever or something...
20210115_102354.jpg

20210115_103432.jpg

Last edited:
You might find some help here: detailed description of taking apart that motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom