Sequoia 4x4 Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long story short, I'm far too invested in a 2wd Sequoia which is setup very nicely... It's original purpose was a beater truck/suv for work but it turned into a hobby. 100 series LC/LX prices are absurd, and I don't want to buy a cheap turd. The only ones I would consider are in the 20k+ range.. I'd love one, and they are superior in terms of quality but they're simply not worth the coin IMO. Test drove some LX470's and there are certainly some cons vs the Sequoia.. A lot of neglected LX's asking 15k-18k+. 06/07 exactly.

So, hypothetically speaking...I have a 2005 Sequoia Limited 2wd. Would I be able to purchase a salvaged 4x4 2005-2007 Sequoia and swap over all the driveline parts? What else would I need to swap? ECU? Wiring harness? Any other electricals?

I can get my hands on a totaled 4x4 on the cheap.

Too much to unpack, but bottom line - Toyotas are like Legos.

Buy the crazy cheap totaled unit & just start methodically taking parts & organizing hardware in labeled zip-loc bags.

You’ll obviously need the trans case & FR axle, the rest is bolts & hardware beyond the core 4wd wire harness....but guys swap EVERY motor into ‘Yotas - so your goal is simple by comparison.

Treat it like a Lego build & it’ll be just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom