Sep. 15 Leadville area run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought I'd go ahead and start a thread for this since it's coming up soon. Any current plans for this? I've been wanting to do Mosquito pass and wondered if this would be it. Are we also planning this as a day trip or doing some camping? Thanks! -Jason

Saw some pictures on another forum of Breakneck Pass/Browns Pass. The leaves are already turning up that way. It was really gorgeous.

Reactions: SAS
Hey guys, I live in Buena Vista (just moved from Fort Collins) and would be interested in any runs up here. If there's anything I can to help scout or organize, let me know! And yes, the leaves are changing. Gold is creeping down from the treeline on the collegiates already...

@Olorin yes, a day-trip over Mosquito sounds good.

@ddelong6767 hi, Doug. If you can, ask around about Weston Pass and it's status following the fire. Weston is our scheduled ride in October.

We were up there and did mosquito pass a few weeks ago. Easy trail, some nice views if the weather is clear. We spent the night in Fair play, did mosquito pass over to Leadville, had dinner, then circled back on the pavement.

Something else to look for is Windy Ridge off of the Kite lake road - amazing grove of bristlecone pines @ 12K feet.

IMG_20180805_134215.jpg

IMG_20180805_133154.jpg

I'll have my whole family with me. If we run from the Alma side towards the Leadville side I'll probably plan on getting up there early and taking our time the way up since the kiddos tend to need more frequent stopping. The group would most likely catch up to us a little later in the day. Then I think we'll overnight in Frisco before heading home on Sunday. On Sunday will probably try to hit Saints John and Deer Creek too since they're kinda on the way home.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom