Selectable beam or adjustable output LED light bar. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need some assistance...I am looking to buy an LED light bar. I would like to buy one bar rather than two. Does anyone know of a company that manufactures/sells a bar that has a selectable beam or adjustable output? For example, maybe something like a combo beam double row 20" bar where you can select whether or not you only want spot beam, flood beam, or combo. Or even a 20-30" bar where you can turn on different 10" sections at a time until you have activated the entire bar?!? Make sense?

I need a small amount of increased light for public roads and highways so I don't blind someone with a larger bar but need a larger bar for when offroad. Don't really want to buy two.

I have seen this but not sure about company...
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...pot-beam-pattern-for-focusing-on-l/1947/4594/

Thanks

I saw a truck once that had a few Baja Designs bars ($$$) that were maybe 12". I think he had like five of them: The corners were amber floods, mid were clear floods and the one in the middle was clear spot. He had each set switched separately so he could fine-tune the lighting he needed. The idea seemed awesome, although a little complicated and expensive.

I believe Rigid came out in SEMA with a few new multi-mode lights. IIRC, one of them was a dual-row bar that was half amber half white. There were a few SR series lights that had two output settings as well.

I saw a truck once that had a few Baja Designs bars ($$$) that were maybe 12". I think he had like five of them: The corners were amber floods, mid were clear floods and the one in the middle was clear spot. He had each set switched separately so he could fine-tune the lighting he needed. The idea seemed awesome, although a little complicated and expensive.

I believe Rigid came out in SEMA with a few new multi-mode lights. IIRC, one of them was a dual-row bar that was half amber half white. There were a few SR series lights that had two output settings as well.
I appreciate the response. Anyone else know of some?

rigid's 2015 line have what you are looking for!..or you could get single row lights and stack them so you have the option of turning both on for the double row or use one singles at a time for different patterns and intensity

I just ran across their high/low series lights the other day. Limited in selection and beam patterns but I am sure their hi/low options will expand with time. Thanks

if you are going to spend the money for rigids, just go with the baja designs! dollar to dollar you will get better ferformance with the baja designs hands down!!

Thanks. Not sure that I want to afford either but I am seeing there is a definitive difference between the higher end lights and the cheaper ones. I have heard good things about the bajas.

I have lifetime led lights and they put out a lot of light but there beam patterns are to wide. For example I have a combo beam, curved 21.5" double row bar. Spots are something like 20-30 degrees and floods are 60ish degrees, I think. They put out a lot of light but it is not projected as far forward as I like. I can light the tops of trees close by but not too terribly far in front of me. Again, just my opinion as these beam patterns may be fine for someone else. The bajas and rigids seem to have a more desirable beam angles and color temperature (4000-5000k range approx versus lifetime is about 6000k). For me, I see things more clearly when the light is in the 4000-5000k range range than the whiter 6000k range. Thanks for the feedback.

Ultimately the lifetimes are a pretty good bar. I would like to see there spots angle be closer to 10 degrees. If I had to do it over, I might save the extra money and buy a nicer one (maybe)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom