Seems my GX isnt happy in CO and being a 3rd car - leaks galore! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
moved to CO about a year ago... probably has nothing to do with it but, the 06 GX (140K) suddenly started leaking from 3 places! the underneath has been dry since i bought it in 2016. i dont drive the GX too often... only noticed the drip after it was parked about 2 weeks.

There is also a leak from the front diff - ive had a vibe issue since i lifted it. Plan to replace the Axels and install a rebuilt diff - this should solve 2 issues, already did bearings.
ive got a small stream that looks to be coming from where the trans mounts to the block. Rear Main????
Ive got drips coming off the exhaust manifold on the right side... this is likely the valve cover gasket.

whats crazy... i dove it to the airport (30 minutes or so away) and parked it for 3 days. Fully expected to see the same drips... totally dry! Drove it home, left it in the garage 5 more days, no leaks! its been another 10 days, now ive got all the spots again.

just venting but if anyone has had similar leaks and can point me in the right direction, appreciate it!

cheers

might just need to re-torque valve cover gaskets. over on the 100 series forum, some claim that always does the trick vs. new gaskets and tube seals. torque spec is something ridiculously low like 5-10lb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom