Second row seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having an issue with the second row drivers side seat folding upwards. One pull on the lever flips the seat back forward, but I can’t seem to get the seat to release from the floor and rotate forward. Looks to be 2 floor mounted clips underneath it that need to release. One of them releases but the second one stays latched. Tried searching the forum but didn’t see anything. Am I missing something obvious? Or do I need to start disassembling and looking for a loose cable?

Mine sometimes does that and I have to fold the back down with a bit of gusto and it will sort of bounce the seat bottom brackets loose, after which the whole seat will flip up just fine. I've never pinpointed the cause, as it only does it intermittently (read: twice in the last 18 months), but maybe you'll get lucky and what works for me will work for you too.

This has happened a couple times and the trick for me is to pull the release lever forward while pushing the seat to the rear as far as it will go and then folding forward (holding the lever the whole time). Almost like the push to the rear activates the release to allow the seat to fold all the way up instead of halfway.

Hopefully this makes sense, I've had a lot of whiskey...