Seat Reupholstery SHOCKER ! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=Brog link=board=1;threadid=6371;start=msg52804#msg52804 date=1066658230]

Looks like a MAF carrier knock-off. Got any suggestions? I'm in the middle of copying errrr designing one myself...[/quote]

Not exactly a knock off, but if you have a local Crusier buddy that is a very good friend of the MAF source...... :flipoff2:

PS-I think that your transfer is in the wrong place.

Yep, over torqued a bolt and stripped some threads in my ToyBox, waiting for the local Fastenal to get me an M12X1.25 "heli-coil" :whoops:

[quote author=MD11Fr8Dog

WOW is that x-ray of your "NEW" leg :eek: dam looks like that hurt

[quote author=kling-on link=board=1;threadid=6371;start=msg52844#msg52844 date=1066666701]

WOW is that x-ray of your "NEW" leg :eek: dam looks like that hurt
[/quote]

Yep, probably gonna set off metal detectors where ever I go!! ::) Hurt when it happened, not much now. Started walking on it some this weekend and actually did some work in the garage!! :D

[quote author=MD11Fr8Dog link=board=1;threadid=6371;start=msg52841#msg52841 date=1066666108]
Not exactly a knock off, but if you have a local Crusier buddy that is a very good friend of the MAF source...... :flipoff2:

Chump, I'm jealous......

I think that I'll buy a case of M12x1.25, they are never to be found when I need them.

I get all of my junk from Mcmastercarr. www.mcmaster.com
Try part number 91732A827.
Brog
[/quote]

[quote author=Brog link=board=1;threadid=6371;start=msg52918#msg52918 date=1066675143]

[/quote]

Thanks for the part #, I'll check them out if Fastenal doesn't call me today!

I'm looking to replace my seats on my 40 for comfort reasons, so I've been doing a little looking around in 4 x 4 shops and on the web. I was glad to read Jonathan's reply that salvage seats with lumbar, heat etc. worked out so well. ( Jonathan, what kind of car is an S 26?) I've been looking for something similar, but not sure what I'm going to buy yet. There are lots of seats on Ebay if you go to auto parts and type in seats. It's pretty shocking what they get for the high end seats. I've also checked out 4 x4 shops that have replacement seats for Jeeps that don't cost much more than what you were quoted. Ditto Man-A-Fre for LCs. Also check out places that do custom van conversions. The one I went to had lots of old perfectly good seats lying around for sale in the $150-$250 range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom