Search Not Working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone having difficulties with the search function since facelift to IH8MUD? I can search for things, but when you click the title or anything else you get "

Oops! We ran into some problems.

The requested page could not be found.

Just tried a handful of search terms, and clicks on multiple results...every test I made worked as it should. The 3rd party that manages Search was just activated last evening, there may have been a short setup issue that has since been resolved.

Has this been resolved? I am still having difficulty. Tried on Google Chrome and Mozilla, same results...

Has this been resolved? I am still having difficulty. Tried on Google Chrome and Mozilla, same results...
What are you searching for? Please provide search terms and the URLs you are seeing the error on.

I searched for "Pizza" in the 120 specific forum and got these results, each one of them gave the "Oops we ran into a problem" screen.

1550536869634.png

My results turned out exactly as expected, and every result resolves to the correct URL and content.

What browser are you running? What OS? What do you have disabled in your browser settings? I'm "guessing" you have something in your security or browser that is causing the issue.

I'll also reach out to the developer for the search plugin to see if they have any solution.

Also, try Advanced Search....and see if the issue persists. Advanced uses the built-in Xenforo enhanced search process and will return slightly different results.

pizza.png

What are you searching for? Please provide search terms and the URLs you are seeing the error on.
I think you're right. I am on here at work a good bit, shhhhhh!!! and there are very strenuous security, firewalls, etc in place and ever since the change of format the search function has said OOps, etc.... Thanks for your help and sorry for any unnecessary work on your part. I will just have to use a personal hotspot to search or my home computer from now on. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom