Seals n' Synthetics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All- Moved on from rear diff leak by going to local dealer and buying a rear diff cover gasket... issue fixed, I hope.

I have two questions: 1. Is there a consensus on whether synthetic fluids will regularly breach OE seals? 2. Is there a recognized OE drivetrain seal/gasket kit put together either by Toyota Dealers or resellers? First goal is stopping transfer case leaks, then move to engine.

My desire is to continue to use Redline products, but not if it make "expensive cardboard" under my red truck...

Please Advise and Thanks.
LR

Couple recent pics of my two rigs... “Experimenting with overland” build-up options in FL and the IMHO perfect beach to remote cabin vehicle in Western NC vehicle.
IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

The Redline synthetic stuff should not affect your seals in the least. They are likely leaking from a combination of age or improper torque. Best bet is using OEM seals, clean the sealing surface to within an inch of it's life and torque correctly.

And I am a fan of Redline as it's a huge improvement over conventional oils. Just make sure you're using the correct weight

1. Is there a consensus on whether synthetic fluids will regularly breach OE seals?

Old wives tale. No name-brand synthetic oil sold today will do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom