1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SE Missouri Band doing well

Discussion in 'KS/MO- Tornado Alley Cruisers' started by 66fj40x2, Feb 28, 2007.

1. 66fj40x2

66fj40x2

Media:
    Albums:
    Some of y'all may have heard of The John D. Hale Band from the Rolla area(IIRC). They played the RoundUp last year (and will be again this year) and rocked the place!!!! They are not "main stream" and get a lot of air time on satellite 'outlaw country' channels.

Anyway, the boys are competing in CMT's video contest and have advanced to round 2. I've attached the email I received from the band with a link to the CMT contest. Their bracket is in the bottom left corner of the page. Do me a favor and check it out and if you're so inclined, vote early and often for this home-grown band. If we can get electricity to Flat Nasty this year I'd sure like to talk with guys about playing out little party.

If ya like Outlaw Country music check out their website and buy their CD too :D . I only wish someone would have recorded "Copperhead Road" from the RoundUp last year!!!!!

Hello Everyone!

Thanks to all of our friends, the John D. Hale Band was voted into Round #2 of CMT's Music City Madness Video Contest. I can't tell you how much we appreciate your voting for us and passing on the news about the contest. We couldn't have done it without your help.

Since we did make it into Round #2 , we need your help once again. In every new round, the votes from the previous rounds are thrown out and we have to start voting all over again. To vote go to
    www.madness.cmt.com, click on "watch and vote", then vote for the John D. Hale Band's video, "Stake Our Claim Again". Vote as many times as you want, this is a fan voted contest. Please pass this information on to all you friends as well.

Voting Schedule for Rounds 2 thru 6 of the CMT Music City Madness Video Contest:

Round 2 starts February 27 to March 5 32 videos left
    Round 3 starts March 6 to March 12 16 videos left
    Round 4 starts March 13 to March 19 8 videos left
    Round 5 starts March 20 to March 26 4 videos left
    Round 6 starts March 27 to April 2 with the final 2 videos

Just thought that I would give everybody a little background on this song and video. I grew up on a family ranch in Southeast Missouri and still live on the same ranch. About 7-8 years ago people started subdividing the land all around us and now there are nothing but subdivsions on all 4 sides of us and there isn't any more "country" left around us. It just seems that everywhere you turn everything is being commercialized........everything from farms and land to todays s***ty country music. But, what do you do, move on and not say anything and let it happen all over again or tell 'em to eat s*** ? Sorry for the rambling , but this is probably the best song that I've written(in my opinion) and with out a doubt the one I'm most proud of. Hope y'all like it !!!!

Anyway, just want to say, again, THANKS to everyone for your support of the John D. Hale Band. We all truly appreciate each and everyone of you!

Thanks,
    John D. Hale Band
    John D. Hale, Smooth Roose, Cody Phillips, Chris Brotherton and JayBird Cagle.

Adios,
    JDH

John D.Hale Band
    info@johndhaleband.com
    www.johndhaleband.com
    www.myspace.com/johndhaleband

2. 66fj40x2

66fj40x2

Media:
    Albums: