Scratches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am certainly not the first to do this (though maybe the first to admit it), so I hope someone will share the benefit of their experience with me. I scratched the heck out of my roof rack, down to the bare metal in a couple of spots - my office's 6'5" garage clearance is not tall enough. Would love to get it right before it rusts. (My old Land Rover had a handy illustration affixed to the visor on height w /and w/out roof rack so owners and valets would not make this same mistake.)

Also scratched the silver plastic on the rear bumper. Seems they could both be touched up pretty easily. Any suggestions on products? I think the roof rack is a one time thing, but I could see the silver plastic on the bumpers being scratched up often. Though this is purely cosmetic - the flat black under the silver is unsightly. Any help appreciated.

How about touch up paint from the dealer for the body colour scratches and box liner paint for the rack? I've got some rock chips and some scratches on the rear bumper and the dealer does have the little containers of touch up paint. As far as the roof rack goes, it looks pretty close to some aerosol bed liner I used on a cargo box awhile ago. If that doesn't work, consider the scratches adding character to an already cool machine.:cool::cheers:

The stock rack is aluminum so it won't rust, as for touching up the crinkle coat I'm at a loss. If you want the silver to match, use what the dealership has to offer.

Best of Luck,

Bobby

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom