Wanted SBC to L/C 4 speed adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My new engine is a '95 4.3 vortec, tranny is '80, hoping to keep the driveline mounts and driveshaft lengths the same.

Nothing? Is there any way to rig something together just to get through the inspection, and then pull it and swap in a 14 bolt D60 combo? I would just do this straight off the bat but it would never pass the V.I., and I need to do this if I want to ever buy insurance again. Has anyone except me ever heard of just using a regular chevy bellhousing with a few modifications?

There are several SBC to H42 adaptors but the Vortec (according to AA catalog) is different than the standard one. You will run into obsticles.

It spells it our pretty clearly starting on page 5 of in the Advanced Adaptors Engine Conversion Kit Instruction Manual Booklet TLC0011 dated July 15, 2000 on.

I searched on line for it but did not find it.

hmmmm....I don't like obstacles. I guess I just assumed if all the transmissions were interchageble the adapter bellhousing had to work too.

The article goes into to detail about the shape of the vortec engine's oil pan, and how the Vortec bolts to the stock transmission.

AA recomends using the stock transmission behind the Vortec and buying an adaptor to mate the transmission to the tranfer case.

There are enough guys who have installed vortex engines in their rigs. I don't know if they used their H42's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom