Saw it and made contact with the Toyota staff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Woody and everyone else,
If I am able to obtain the brochure I will make sure to scan it and get it on the site somehow. If anything I will email you and get them to you and you can post them however that is needed.

Steve

I'd love to see the pics you took. Can you post up or email to woody or sumtin?

Dave

no particular order
rockrail.JPG
side.JPG

that jeep looks like speedbuggy

Going from the Toyota area to the Jeep area was depressing. Jeep had their off-road course set up for people to try out and Toyota had an FJ with no guts. They did have the ultimate Taco there though. Toyota NA built it to be the ultimate rig for off-road. For you IFS advocates, you'll be interested to know they yanked the IFS and put in a solid front axle. The write up said, "IFS replaced with solid front axle for increased off-road capability." Hmmmmmm.
IMG_9823.JPG
IMG_9824.JPG

Umm MoJ, Toyota NA didn't build that, Peterson's did....They did a complete 3-part write-up on it, and then drove it on the "ultimate adventure" which they host every year. I'll tell ya one thing though, that Taco fully gets it! Mmmm, dynatrac 60s, mmmm

Ary

Even though Peterson's built it, it was in the Toyota booth at last November's Vegas SEMA show.

Arya Ebrahimi said:
Umm MoJ, Toyota NA didn't build that, Peterson's did....They did a complete 3-part write-up on it, and then drove it on the "ultimate adventure" which they host every year. I'll tell ya one thing though, that Taco fully gets it! Mmmm, dynatrac 60s, mmmm

Ary

Placard in front of it says built by Toyota NA for Peterson off-road challenge. I too saw it in Peterson's.

Last edited:
MoJ said:
Placard in front of it says built by Toyota NA for Peterson off-road challenge. I too saw it in Peterson's.

Interesting... If Toyota sponsors, even if to a small extent, a SAS swap on a Taco to increase off-road performance, it means that the engineers are completely stupid... Even if it's just a marketing gimic, it certainly flies in the face of Toyota's intense marketing of the FJ Cruiser as an off-road vehicle...

THANKS MOJ for the great pictures. :beer: I like this bastard beast more and more. :rolleyes:

Nice Job! Was there by any chance discussion on solid front axle vs. IFS for the FJ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom