Santiago Peak Day Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Slomo

It's Complicated
Threads
Not exactly Scott's Mt. Baldy hike but my own version of an ascent. :D
Decided to make good use a free Wednesday and do a solo trip to Santiago Peak and have lunch. Packed some eats on ice, a lawn chair, and set off. Other than a few Verizon workers who left not long after I got there I had the mountain to myself. Spent about an hour eating lunch and watching the low level clouds ride the updrafts and dissipate just above eye level. Very cool. As much as I love getting out there with the family or my Cruiser brothers, sometimes nothing but you and mother nature is very theraputic. Yes I realize the towers all around me are not Mother Nature but I sat with my back toward them so they don't count. :grinpimp:
Sorry for the crappy picture quality, left the camera at home. :doh:

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

Last edited:
The header coming off of this on the way up was pretty good but was only a prescribed burn. Prescribed or not I would be pretty nervous with flames that big that close to my house.

photo 1.jpg

Good to see you out on the trails again Mo!!!

SoCalFrank said:
Let me know if you want company next time.

Frank

Will do. ;).

Good to get some dirt under the tires. Total spur of the moment. Listening to Rodney Atkins' song "Take A Backroad" and decided I needed to. Literally drove up ate for an hour and went home. Best hour I have spent in a long time. :D

SOCALFJ said:
Right on Mo.. glad to see you got out of the house and away from work for a bit.

Unfortunately I am out of work already but used it to my advantage. :D

image-3735423722.jpg

image-3735423722.jpg

Wow! Now what Mo? Is that foot or ankle work and what's that thing over your knee?

Glad you are getting out again, but I'm sorry that's the reason!

So you aren't at Mission any longer?

I didn't say that! Just on medical leave. ;)

Wow! Now what Mo? Is that foot or ankle work and what's that thing over your knee?

Glad you are getting out again, but I'm sorry that's the reason!

Ankle, had some hardware taken out which was supposed to be a 4 day weekend off thing. Went back for a week but got it infected and abscessed down to the bone and tendon. Been out for a month and counting but going on Tue and may get cleared if he can close it. Fingers crossed. :bounce2:
That thing on my knee is a Wound Vac. It attaches to the wound on one end and a small vacuum that keeps a negative pressure on the would which helps it fill in and heal much faster and better that on it's own.

Wound Vac, who knew?!

There's some guy with a patent making bank I bet! I sure hope it helps.

This is the fourth time I have been hooked to one, they make a HUGE difference. As much as they have helped me in the past I am totally fine with someone making bank. :D

Since this is my thread I can hijack it all I want.

Boyd, I just went back and read our back and forth over the pic of you stuck on that rock in Calico. ROTFLMAO! I forgot how funny that was. My son just stopped playing his video game (usually takes an act of congress to get him to do that) to ask what I was laughing so hard at. Good stuff.

I'm glad you had fun revisiting my pain!

I used to post a lot more flowery passages than lately. I'll have to step up my game a bit.

Maybe a trip report for the Desert Rendezvous will be in order!

Stupid Jeep!

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

I'm glad you had fun revisiting my pain!

I used to post a lot more flowery passages than lately. I'll have to step up my game a bit.

Maybe a trip report for the Desert Rendezvous will be in order!

Stupid Jeep!

Another hijack, totally off topic. Boyd,,,saw your rig at HQ today, friggin' awesome day at the beach today. I love it when we get real weather in So Cal. It must have hit 40+kts plus, anything interesting wash up on the beach or blow away. :cheers:

Mo - great news. Glad I misread your post! I'm doing my darndest to stay away from needing the fourth floor!

gon2srf said:
Another hijack, totally off topic. Boyd,,,saw your rig at HQ today, friggin' awesome day at the beach today. I love it when we get real weather in So Cal. It must have hit 40+kts plus, anything interesting wash up on the beach or blow away. :cheers:

You're right about the weather. Sustained wind around 35 with gusts over 40!

Saturday afternoon a beachfront resident set up a huge banquet tent on the beach for a wedding reception

image-3972651257.jpg

They had each upright secured to a 55 gal drum filled with water. Shortly after dark the sides imploded which then allowed the entire structure attempt to levitate. The rental company tried to hastily remove the canvas but as they disassembled a gust finished it for them and blew the whole mess onto the patio!

Sunday we had Lifeguard Tryouts. The 4-8' short interval storm surf combined with a 7 knot side current and 55 degree water made the course just a bit too challenging for 70+ candidates with unknown abilities.

We relocated to the bay where the water was 58 and the side current was only 3 knots! Even then six candidates had to be rescued by lifeguards.

Fortunately almost everyone stayed out of the surf. Two off duty lifeguards went out just to say they went bodysurfing and it generated three 911 calls. They were fine but never really caught any waves.

Total hijack off.

image-3972651257.jpg

Cool pics from Santiago Peak Mo! I was driving back from San Bernardino yeterday and seen Santiago peak getting dumped on with snow. It would be cool to get up there for a snow run!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom