San Juan Forest Closure. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They aren't just asking nicely either...

Violating Stage 3 fire restrictions or going into a closed area carries a mandatory appearance in federal court, and is punishable by a fine of up to $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment of up to six months, or both.

fingers crossed the monsoon kicks in. In house says it will be pretty crappy until August...maybe a bit of rain through the first part of July, but nothing too sustained. Better conditions may be setting up for most of August.

All those beautiful San Juan Mountain Spruce forests up in smoke. However, Nature is recycling and I guess between man made or nature made fires kind of even out with the firefighters putting out the fires as best as they can. I was living in Marvel Colo when Mesa Verde and the previous fire in 2000? north of Durango occured. I figure it all balances out and keeps the forest healthy.

I figure it all balances out and keeps the forest healthy.

I feel the same way. You can only prolong the life of the forest for so long. Eventually, Mother Nature is going to win. The deadfall has to be cleared. I always think about Shubarth when I think of the deep forest land. Nothing is cleared up on Shubarth, and it is just littered with deadfall. As bad as it sucks, it’ll come back. Just like The Hayman area. It’s as beautiful as ever now with the Aspens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom