Salida, CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys and gals, my family and I are heading up to Salida for a week in early June from Louisiana. We have done some research and have found some cool things to do, but I wondered what the Cruiser folks recommend? I'll be driving my stock 100 and wouldn't mind exploring some back roads - within reason. Gotta drive everyone back, ya know.

I appreciate any info you all can give.

Thanks.

Marty

:beer:

Tincup Pass is stocker friendly and a good look at the high country. May still be closed by snow that early though. Saint Elmo is a cool old town at the bottom of it and Mt Princeton hot springs is nearby.

Check out traildamage.com and click on the colorado trails tab. Once you're there, they list the trails by county. You can google a county map of colorado and figure out what trails are closest to you. I do that a lot when I'm looking in a new area. Remember that anything above about 9,500 feet is probably still going to be snowed in. That's not to say you won't have a good time gettin to the snow pack, just make sure you don't get stuck.

Check out traildamage.com and click on the colorado trails tab. Once you're there, they list the trails by county. You can google a county map of colorado and figure out what trails are closest to you. I do that a lot when I'm looking in a new area. Remember that anything above about 9,500 feet is probably still going to be snowed in. That's not to say you won't have a good time gettin to the snow pack, just make sure you don't get stuck.

Awesome info. Thanks

Medano Pass which you access less than an hour south of Salida will take you into the back of The great Sand Dunes National Park. Good stocker trail and the Sand Dunes will be fun for the family.

I also like the Mount Antero Trail. just outside St Elmo. But don't go there if someone gets queazy with Hieghts

Have fun on your Colorado Vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom