Events/Trails Saddletramp's 2019 Summer Adventure (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

steve97.jpg

steve98.jpg

That was exactly what my instructor told me the many times I couldn't see the imaginary planes he was getting me to look for. "Traffic, two o'clock, got it?" he'd ask ... when nothing was really there. lol. It made up for the times he'd ask if I saw real traffic and I said 'yes'. Fortunately, I was always pretty honest with him, but a couple times I may not have seen the same plane he was asking about: "It's a 737 - right?" when what I was watching was Seneca passing 500' below... lol.

10,921 miles driven. Best MPG was 21.2 while driving 45 mph for 200+ miles through Banff and Jasper Parks. Worst was 12.7 between Phoenix and Flagstaff. Most of the time I was hovering around 14.8mpg. That’s 738 gallons of fuel at about $3.50 average per gallon, that’s about $2600 in just fuel.

We were gone a total of 47 days. 9 nights in hotels, 4 nights on the ferry from Homer to Bellingham and the rest camping.

In addition to the one tire being destroyed on the Dempster and two more flats on the Dempster and Dalton, my friend Jim also had two flats on his bike. It was a rough trip for his tires.

1CBBF803-AC9B-4C01-AEF9-FE74E4B6191B.jpeg

Denali from the highway, the mountain is 33 miles away. At 20,320 high and from an elevation point of about 3000’ the mountain is impressive because more than 16,000’ is rising straight up out of the ground.

0738B94D-340B-48CC-A44F-C738FA6ED62C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom