Rust prevention party (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hoosier Daddy

SILVER Star
Threads
Since the local road crews areausing a lot of salt, i thought I'd see if there is any interest in a group spray-a-thon of Fluid Film.

Fluid Film is a lanolin-based rust preventative that can be sprayed on as a DIY. Generally safe for automotive rubber, so you can spray it on pretty much anything except brakes and exhaust. Should be reapplied at least once per year.

The pro kit comes with the fancy sprayer and attachments. It takes roughly a half gallon to treat a vehicle, so the kit with 2 gallons could do 4 vehicles. That's less than $40 per vehicle and the cost would drop further if we did more than four.

This stuff smells like livestock, so you don't want to get it on you while spraying. I have a Tyvek suit and can pick up a little respirator filter too.

I've sprayed it previously with my truck on ramps, which worked fine. It would be immensely easier if the truck were on a lift, but I'm not sure the garage with the rental bay wants us stinking up their place with overspray. Alternative ideas are welcome.

We'll need to move kinda quick, with winter and the holidays approaching, so let's set a deadline of Dec 2 to gauge interest. Reply to this thread if you want to participate.

Heya, its Jacob. I'm in...maybe for the 100 too, depending on what time allows.

Hopefully we can get a group together!

Scratch that.

Just had an unexpected crisis in my extended family tonight and I'll be busy over the next few weeks helping out in whatever spare time I have. This, on top of several other things already going on (work restructuring, son's torn ACL, pre-planned travel), means I won't have time to coordinate the Fluid Film thing anymore.

So I need to step back. My apologies. If someone else wants to pick up the fluid film idea, the supplies can be ordered here and on Amazon:
Fluid Film Undercoat kits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom