Running 2 AWG wire from stern to engine bay - reccos for routing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2013 Landcruiser..... I'm installing some 2 AWG wire to power a quick disconnect for a trailer winch and/or jumper cables from the rear bumper area to the engine bay.....Anybody have any advice regarding routing this wire? I plan on avoiding hot stuff, rubbing stuff, etc. just looking for best practices/recommendations........

Best,

Rob M Norwich, VT

@GWNavigator recently posted that they just ran a large gauge wire for an Anderson connector at the bumper.

Last edited:
Thanks!

SUb’d as I’m about to do the same for Anderson quick connects for my Offroad trailer. Eventually adding a BCDC to my trailer to keep the battery charged correctly, but for now, will use whatever regular electrons get back there

I want to do this too, but for now I'm living vicariously through you guys.

Any insight into why 2 GA wire? I ran the calculations, figuring my Anderson SB50 is maxed out at 50 Amps and it came up with 6 GA at an 18 ft run, 4 GA with a 20-25 ft run. I used this wire size calculator: Circuit Wizard - Blue Sea Systems

Last edited:
I want to do this too, but for now I'm living vicariously through you guys.

Any insight into why 2 GA wire? I ran the calculations, figuring my Anderson SB50 is maxed out at 50 Amps and it came up with 6 GA at an 18 ft run, 4 GA with a 20-25 ft run. I used this wire size calculator: Circuit Wizard - Blue Sea Systems

That'd be true for SB50. In my case, I ran 2 GA since I have an SB175 on the other end.

I'm awaiting some pieces (red braided wire cover, crimps, ?)

My applications are:
- car hauler with 2"receiver on front for "portable" winch to load dead cars
- small landscape trailer with 2" receiver on front for "portable" winch (for winching log splitter onto trailer)
- quick connect jumper cables
- portable winch for moving logs etc off 2" receiver on rear of truck.

the routing appears to be very easy.

How about some pics of this ‘13 Cruiser you have.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom