Ruidoso area camping?

Discussion in 'NM- High Desert Cruisers' started by TXSunDevil, Jul 14, 2017.

1. TXSunDevil

TXSunDevil SILVER Star

Good morning,

I am trying to beat the S. Texas heat and I was looking in the Ruidoso area for 2 nights of camping. I was thinking the weekend of the 28th. I have been up in the area before but I have always rented a cabin. I will have 2 boys with me and I would like to find an area where there are some moderate trails to explore and nice areas to camp. Water and a picnic table would be nice but not essential. I am running a stock cruiser and will be alone so I do not plan on getting too crazy. Any help would be appreciated guys.

2. marcfj60

marcfj60

Media:
    Albums:
    The only place I have camped near there is called Along the River RV Park. http://www.alongtheriverrv.com/page/home
    It is a decent place. There are some FS campgrounds up by Bonito Lake but there was a fire up there a few years ago and they had closed the campgrounds. You could call the Lincoln National Forest to find out the status. Also, try the LNF website to see a listing of FS campgrounds and what amenities are available. My in-laws have a house there so I don't do any camping when I'm there.

3. TXSunDevil

TXSunDevil SILVER Star

Thanks. It might be better for us to stay in a campground like that with town close by. I have not camped more than 2 days in a few years and this would get my feet wet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.