1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ruidoso area camping?

Discussion in 'NM- High Desert Cruisers' started by TXSunDevil, Jul 14, 2017.

1. TXSunDevil

TXSunDevil SILVER Star

Good morning,

I am trying to beat the S. Texas heat and I was looking in the Ruidoso area for 2 nights of camping. I was thinking the weekend of the 28th. I have been up in the area before but I have always rented a cabin. I will have 2 boys with me and I would like to find an area where there are some moderate trails to explore and nice areas to camp. Water and a picnic table would be nice but not essential. I am running a stock cruiser and will be alone so I do not plan on getting too crazy. Any help would be appreciated guys.

2. marcfj60

marcfj60

Media:
    Albums:
    The only place I have camped near there is called Along the River RV Park. http://www.alongtheriverrv.com/page/home
    It is a decent place. There are some FS campgrounds up by Bonito Lake but there was a fire up there a few years ago and they had closed the campgrounds. You could call the Lincoln National Forest to find out the status. Also, try the LNF website to see a listing of FS campgrounds and what amenities are available. My in-laws have a house there so I don't do any camping when I'm there.

3. TXSunDevil

TXSunDevil SILVER Star

Thanks. It might be better for us to stay in a campground like that with town close by. I have not camped more than 2 days in a few years and this would get my feet wet.