Rubicon Fire (1 Viewer)

KT40

SILVER Star

Have'nt heard the outcome yet but I did hear trail was evacuated to the Tahoe side only. Guys had to leave their tow rigs at Loon side.

Little bit here--

Lil'John

SILVER Star

Trail itself isn't impacted at all by the fire. The fire only went up to ~1700 acres and is currently ~55% contained.

However, El Dorado Sheriff has closed the trail. I believe El Dorado National Forest has been opened up but rangers don't have jurisdiction over Rubicon trail proper.

El Dorado County updated this morning stating trail open with wentworth access closed due to fork fire. No ignition sources allowed, no propane, nothin. Now this may be intended for property owners and what not to access , it didn't say wether it was restricted or not, only that wentworth closed, saw a few posts that people were checking to see if the Tahoma side still has signs up ?

Lil'John

SILVER Star

Where are you getting your info?

From here on Sept 8:
The decision to close the Rubicon Trail, which is a county maintained road, is at the sole discretion of the El Dorado County Department of Transportation.
I haven't found a single source claiming such a closure is up. Please note the phrasing... it is not up to El Dorado National Forest to say squat.

Here is DOTs site:
Nothing mentioned there.
Here is ED Sheriff site:
Again, nothing.

Here is last night's update video(starts 7m in... answer is around there):
No dispersed camping. No fires.

27m specific closures
Does say if is open at Wentworth from Stumpy to Ice House
Loon Lake @ 29m
Rubicon @ 32m - Sheriff responsibility - no

Lil'John

SILVER Star

As of right now, Rubicon trail IS closed. Wentworth Springs is closed at 11 pines to Ice House.

I'll edit this post with video and time markers for this info.
*EDIT*
Video update for Sept 19, 2020:

Rubicon trail and Wentworth Springs info at about 21 min.

Yes, I have a vested interest in keeping up with this area. I'm 12 miles from Fork Fire and we saw how quickly King Fire took off. Last thing I need is an idiot coming up, lighting up Rubicon, and costing me my house/projects.

Last edited:

The county web sites don't show consistent info.
You are correct, the order is thru Nov. 30, property owners only at this time.
I tried to copy that link to Pirate but it din't work. Good to know, thanks for the link.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom