RTT storage in your garage- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doc

Threads
Just a heads up for those of you looking for good RTT storage in your garage. I found the perfect solution (for me) on Amazon.

Amazon.com: Racor PHL-1R Pro HeavyLift 4-by-4-Foot Cable-Lifted Storage Rack: Home Improvement@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WAZ21W2BL.@@AMEPARAM@@41WAZ21W2BL

I did not use the wire mesh, but just the stabilizer bars attached to the 4 cables. I can load the RTT on the cruiser by myself now, and it raises it up to the roof of my garage for easy- no mess storage.

I just installed mine yesterday- hardware was somewhat cheap, but adaquate. RTT is stored for the winter!

Great minds think alike. :flipoff2:

(And I copied Phil)

Oh yeah, and a cordless drill chuck fits perfectly into the hand crank rod(without the 2nd pc of the handle attached) for an "instant up/down" feature. :)
P1010543.JPG
P1010546.JPG
P1010539.JPG

Last edited:
The leftover racking works great for a cheapo roof rack with Yakima 1A towers too. :cheers:
P1012281.JPG
P1012391.JPG

I just installed my lift today. The bars were not wide enough for the Eezi Awn 2200 so I used a 2x4 and 2x6 that I had laying around.

IMG_0223.jpg

Cheers

VFR- if you changed the orientation of the rectangular bars you could lift the entire rack off the roof. Well, that's the way I'm running it anyway. (since I don't carry a roof top basket anymore).

I place the rectangular load bars under my yack tubes and just lift the entire assembly off the gutters. NAKED ROOF!

VFR- if you changed the orientation of the rectangular bars you could lift the entire rack off the roof. Well, that's the way I'm running it anyway. (since I don't carry a roof top basket anymore).

I place the rectangular load bars under my yack tubes and just lift the entire assembly off the gutters. NAKED ROOF!
Hey Doc,
It only took me 2 years to realize the same thing. :) I used to have to take the nuts off, slide bars under the tent, put nuts back on, THEN lift the whole rack off. Now just lower the bars, slide under the towers(without having to unbolt anything), then lift the whole works up. PRESTO!

That's what I do when I take it off too now. I have a second set of Yakima towers that I keep mounted to the leftover mesh racking so I basically have 2 set ups. One with the tent and one with the rack.

I've since switched the orientation since these pics were taken though so the bars just grab the ends of the towers. (Not sure if it shows up in this pic with the tent getting trial fitted to my trailer project.)

Took just as long for me to realize how quick it goes up and down with the cordless drill too. (Drill still attached to it in this pic) :cheers:
P1010621.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom