rs3000 reinstall (1997 LC)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

papabeach

SILVER Star
Threads
Goal: I would like to use key fob to lock/unlock doors

Problem: Prior owner disabled RS3000 system. How...he is not exactly sure (been awhile). He removed dash sensor and thinks also the plug in the pic below. Not sure if he did anything else.

-I can easily put the dash sensor back...2 wires...2 plugs...simple.
-I have no idea where this plug goes
*FWIW prior owner disabled RS3000 because it would occasionally unintentionally unlock the vehicle...I plan to track this down if I ever get the system working again.

Question:
1) Is this plug associated with the RS3000 system and if so, where does it go
2) Any other thoughts?
IMG_7595.jpg

That plug looks like the dummy that is plugged in in place of a CDL switch. I assume the two pins in it are simply connected on the back via a single (yellow I think?) wire?

I wouldn't bother trying to troubleshoot/reinstall the port/dealer-installed RS3000 system... There are much better systems for simple keyless entry. I like most DEI products (Viper, Valet, etc.)

That plug looks like the dummy that is plugged in in place of a CDL switch. I assume the two pins in it are simply connected on the back via a single (yellow I think?) wire?

I wouldn't bother trying to troubleshoot/reinstall the port/dealer-installed RS3000 system... There are much better systems for simple keyless entry. I like most DEI products (Viper, Valet, etc.)
Thanks for the reply. You nailed it with your description of the plug and yes the PO did the CDL mod so this makes sense. I hear you about aftermarket systems...just trying to hit the Easy Button.

I'm in the same position. While trying to install an RS3000 harness, ECU and fob I just bought. I just came across the same connector and it confused me too. I already have the CDL button and found the same connector under the dash - One mystery solved.

I still need some help installing this thing! How have you guys installed your RS3000 harnesses? I seem to only have male plugs... does that sound familiar to anyone else? One unused white male plug attached to the wiring harness in the car and a matching male plug on the RS3000 harness.

IMG_8147.JPG
@papabeach Any update on getting your keyless working again?

To be honest I have been busy working on my 3rd gen 4Runner but do have plans to figure this out eventually. Sorry I am not more help.

BUMP!

Can anyone give me advice on how to install an RS3000 system into my truck!?

I have a complete wiring harness and have explored under the dash according to the direction manual that I downloaded from the Slee website. My issue is that I don't understand how and where the main plug is connected. The manual refers to a "courtesy plug"... is that something additional that I need?

My goal is just to have keyless entry - I know most people will suggest going aftermarket but that isn't how I wanted to do this. Any help would be really appreciated!

Here are two pictures. The plug on the wiring harness is male but so is the open plug under the steering wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom